Part-Time Financial Analyst
Do you LOVE creating numerical models to explain real world events? Are you obsessive about details? Can you explain complex subjects in simple sentences? Do you care passionately about creating a fair, just and sustainable world?
Working with us, you would get to…
- Create beautiful investor-ready financial models and projections in Excel.
- Produce monthly financial reports to compare actual to budget; perform rigorous cost and profit analysis.
- Find, define, and reveal actionable and defensible data to support strategic and management choices.
- Communicate financial concepts in narrative and chart form.
- Maintain accurate financial projections as conditions and strategies shift.
- Contribute to efficient internal systems and work flow processes at CFO on Speed Dial to accelerate success for our team and clients.
Day in and day out! Sound fun yet? Great! Keep reading…
Here’s what will be challenging:
- Cleaning and restructuring jumbled sources of data to get the information you need and want.
- Spending days building a revenue model that changes later (and requires an overhaul to your latest spreadsheet creation).
- Seeing your best analysis disregarded by a client who is focused on something else or who doesn’t see things the way you do.
You’ll get to work with a team that is dedicated to:
- Service fundamentals: Timeliness; honesty and follow-through: We deliver on our promises, respond quickly and openly to issues when they arise.
- Client Success: Our clients define their unique success factors: CFO on Speed Dial delivers analysis and coaching to accelerate their success.
- Growth and learning: the world changes, we must also: as humans, as a company as an ecosystem.
CFO on Speed Dial provides coaching, strategic and financial advisory services to for-profit companies with a social impact mission. Our clients produce healthy, fair and sustainable products, combat climate change and are working to eradicate racial and gender bias. We provide client companies with financial analysis, management and strategy support to increase profitability, create sustainable and efficient operations, and deepen their social impact.
The Financial Analyst position requires:
- Excellent mathematical skills and number sense with specific experience building numerical models using sophisticated formulas and scenarios.
- Experience with bookkeeping, accounting, investing and/or financing processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in the fast-changing environment of a rapidly growing business.
- A strong commitment to open communications.
- Knowledge of KPIs, dashboards and BI systems a strong plus.
To apply e-mail the following to Opportunity@CFOonSpeedDial.com
- Cover letter describing (1) why you are interested in working with CFO on Speed Dial, (2) what previous experience makes you a good fit for our work, and (3) One social issue you care deeply about, why its important to you and/or the world, and what gives you hope?
- Résumé or CV.
- Use I LOVE Creating Numerical Models as your subject line.