Full-Time Project Manager (Financial Operations)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Project Manager (Financial Operations) will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and other Uncommon senior leaders on the development of strategy, execution, and management of projects that support the short and long-term goals of Uncommon Schools. Projects ay involve topics such as real estate financing activities, financial and operational initiatives, and financial sustainability initiatives. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project Management
- Maintain a broad understanding of status of all projects within CFO purview
- Directly manage select projects including the development of comprehensive project plans that identify clear milestones, dependencies, assumptions, and manage contingencies for any identified risk
- Collaborate with senior leaders to facilitate implementation of financial projects
- Lead or support decision-making on strategic direction of key projects
- Collaborate with CFO and other senior leaders to align strategies and implementation plans for projects
- Prepare materials for meetings with senior leaders and external partners including executive leadership, financing partners and funders
- Develop simple, creative ways to explain complex information to guide decisions
- Prepare meeting agendas for status reviews with stakeholders
1. Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Interest in financial operations
- Depth of experience in project management, including demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders to achieve on-time, high-quality outcomes
- Ability to understand and translate complex details into easily understandable concepts
- Personal organizational systems to support a strong work ethic and desire to produce high quality results
- Obsessive attention to detail and follow-through
2. Strong business acumen including the ability to:
- Balance detailed thinking with big picture strategic decisions
- Identify and analyze key decisions to be made
- Understand and think through short- and long-term implications of decisions on organizational strategy and capacity
- Think strategically across multiple disciplines
3. Ability to work well in a team, as well as with a high degree of independence
4. Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Skilled in use of MS Excel and MS Word
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in non-profit, consulting, structured finance, or legal fields
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
How to Apply
TO APPLY If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for historically underserved children and communities, please visit our website at www.uncommonschools.org and apply online at www.uncommonschools.org/careers/.