Full-Time Foundation Accounts Associate (NYC or SF)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Accounts Associate, you will be a part of the team entrusted with managing some of our largest and most impactful partnerships with grantmaking foundations. You will support the Accounts team and will also work collaboratively with Catchafire teammates across marketing, business development, product and tech in order to create great experiences for our partners. The person best suited for this role is naturally organized, has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and has exceptional attention to detail. You have a desire to learn about program design and implementation, client management, marketing strategy, and tech and product development.
- Support the Accounts team on key program activities for either Catchafire’s West or East Coast accounts. This work may include:
- supporting the development of a client management and engagement strategy
- preparing client meeting deliverables and drafting pre and post-meeting emails
- managing junior level client contacts and owning those relationships
- coordinating client and internal schedules
- Support program launch activities by project managing internal and external stakeholders, including creating contact email lists, drafting copy, monitoring campaigns, and event planning
- Prepare robust client decks that effectively convey program impact and illustrate compelling nonprofit stories
- Monitor the progression of ongoing programs against client success metrics and internal goals
- Conduct background research and analysis to inform client engagements and share sector trends and learnings with internal stakeholders
- Systematic: You work methodically and like to create appropriate and effective structures to help you and your team accomplish goals.
- Unwavering attention to detail: You understand the professional standards that our clients expect, and you hold yourself and your teammates to a high bar of delivery. You ensure that every piece of work that is produced under your watch is excellent.
- Relationship acumen: You begin by listening and asking rather than telling your opinions. You make your teammates feel heard and are able to explain a complex situation or process simply in order to establish buy-in and avoid confusion.
- Collaborator: You are empathetic and supportive, winning the buy-in of your team by demonstrating servant leadership qualities. You ensure that your teammates understand their role on the team and that they work well together to achieve the right end result for the client.
- Do what it takes attitude: No task is too small or arduous if it is in service of the larger mission. You are hungry for responsibility and can see how tiny pieces of work elevate an overall experience.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience supporting client facing or partnerships teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent creative problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Project management experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, data and task management tools
- Experience in nonprofit or philanthropy
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Foundation Accounts Associate” in the subject line, and include short answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Catchafire?
- What does it take to be a great team player?
This position is based in either New York or San Francisco.