Full-Time Fundraising Associate (New York)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Global Health Corps:
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa (Rwanda and Uganda), and Southern Africa (Malawi and Zambia). Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, DC to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our fellows has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 600 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
Our development team’s efforts are focusing on a sales-based approach to fundraising. To that end, the Fundraising Associate role is the first member of the team many people will meet. They will provide critical fundraising, executive, and administrative support to help drive the potency of our fundraising team to power our leadership movement. This role supports the CEO and Fundraising Leader to support all aspects of the fundraising process, from scheduling visits with prospects, to helping with research and visit preparation, to making sure the appropriate follow-up occurs.
This position requires someone who jumps in wherever needed and gets things done, someone who is proactive and can work with little direction. They must have a can-do attitude and be totally comfortable talking to anyone on the phone (and actually loves doing so). This role is about being an ambassador for the fundraising team across the organization, and working with the fundraising team to achieve results together.
Fundraising Team Support
- Optimize and maintain use of GHC’s donor database on Salesforce
- Support the steps of the fundraising process: cultivating, maintaining and advancing relationships with a range of organizations, institutions and individuals
- Support in prospect research, predisposition, and visit preparation
- Ensure visit follow-ups occur in a timely manner
- Process gifts and donor acknowledgments
- Manage travel logistics for fundraising related trips
- Manage and oversee calendar and administrative tasks of the CEO
- Manage CEO’s expenses by processing invoices and receipts
- Manage CEO’s GHC-related travel
- Schedule, plan, note-take, and track follow-up for external and internal meetings of CEO
- Assist with special events and projects as needed
In terms of the profile of the person who will best succeed in this role, the ideal candidate:
- Really, truly enjoys supporting others – which means working alongside the fundraising team and the CEO and assisting in every facet of development. This person is WAY more than an executive associate. Formal administrative experience is not necessary; though a willingness to learn and be persistent is essential!
- Feels a real sense of ownership to get things done as a partner to the team – this person sees it as their responsibility to get a yes, using creative ideas, making mundane tasks into a game to keep them focused on the goal.
- A problem-solver at heart – while this person does not look to disrupt processes that are working well, they are constantly assessing how processes could be improved and actively working to share those ideas and implement improvements. In addition, this person knows when to ask for help, and is known for bringing others in to help come up with better solutions.
- Organized – this person LOVES handling details and multiple projects running in parallel, methodically working through checklists (and creating them as well). This is the kind of person who might color-code their calendar or create a spreadsheet to plan a trip.
- Infectious enthusiasm – this person doesn’t have to be the life of the party but who is excited to get to know everyone at the party. Their interest and empathy are genuine, and about building relationships.
GHC EMBRACES AND VALUES DIVERSE SKILLSETS AND BACKGROUNDS
We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for applying!
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the following link: https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/0c6bae78-e277-4461-9205-6a5a92d2dc1c.