Full-Time Global Data Associate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Note: Please do NOT apply via email. We only accept applications through the following link: https://grnh.se/q65xncry1
One Acre Fund runs a robust R&D program, spanning over half a dozen countries and including trials with tens of thousands of farmers every year. As a data-driven organization, our R&D program is the beating heart of many of the strategic decisions; these decisions directly affect the well-being of hundreds of thousands of smallholder farmers every year. The Global Data Associate will be responsible for ensuring that the data generated by our R&D programs is as high quality as possible, resulting in decisions that we can feel confident will positively affect the lives of the farmers we serve. Specifically, this includes the following:
- Data Quality & Standards — One Acre Fund conducts hundreds of trials every year. The results of these trials inform long-term organizational strategy as well as near-term resource allocations. Therefore, it is critical that we design our research and conduct our analyses at the highest standards possible. By reviewing and signing off on trial designs and analysis plans and enforcing data collection quality standards, the Global Data Associate will play a key role in ensuring that One Acre Fund can be confident in the data upon which critical, farmer-impacting decisions are made.
- Professional Development & Training — One Acre Fund employs dozens of analysts who are spread out across various departments and the nine countries within which we work. Given this decentralized structure, global standards must be actively maintained through regular guidance and communication. The Global Data Associate will be responsible for mentoring these analysts on high-priority analysis and data management topics through monthly calls and the creation of tools and easily-digestible resources.
- Analyses to Drive Farmer Impact — In addition to driving data quality standards and staff training, the Global Data Associate will be responsible for identifying opportunities to conduct impactful analyses of existing data to inform new organizational decisions and strategies. For example, this may include analyzing historical maize variety performance across seasons and countries so that Field Officers can provide guidance to farmers about which varieties are likely to perform well in their conditions.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new opportunities becoming available. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least three years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong, relevant quantitative work experiences evaluating field programs. Former research assistants and business or financial analysts are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience with experimental trial design, model specification, exploratory data analysis, and a strong understanding of causal inference required.
- Degree in the fields of economics, econometrics, mathematics or statistics strongly preferred.
- Applicants are expected to have advanced proficiency in either R or STATA (R strongly preferred) and comfort with Excel and other professional programs.
- Ability to easily explain technical concepts in plain English and grow the analytical skills of others
- Passion for teaching and collaborating with others.
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likeable team. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years. This is a long–term, career–track role.
- Language: English required; French and or Kiswahili highly desirable
PREFERRED START DATE
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the following website: https://grnh.se/q65xncry1