Consulting Global Senior Finance Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
The Senior Finance Manager will work closely with the Controller/Director of Finance, to ensure all our financial data and reporting submissions are accurate, timely, and complete, as well as ensuring we can provide useful information for evaluating and improving our program operations. Responsibilities will include oversight of financial compliance across our program countries, financial reporting under US GAAP and local statutory rules, and advisory services to our country programs on matters of compliance and financial structure. You will further develop our KPI’s over financial reporting and compliance, and work cross-functionally to implement projects which improve our efficiency, and which facilitate smart financial controls that work in our dynamic environment.
We are seeking an exceptional, experienced leader, with a long-term career interest in international development and finance, and the ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced environment. As part of a rapidly growing organization, you will work closely with the Controller and the CFO to set the vision and direction for the department. You will drive the strategic agenda forward, providing leadership on key projects, and working with other functions across One Acre Fund. Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead Financial Compliance and provide advisory services to Country Programs
- You will lead Financial Compliance for One Acre Fund, creating a strategy to address key needs and ensuring we can provide the necessary global and local support for statutory reporting, local taxes, and other financial compliance needs.
- This may include establishing processes for new program countries, improving processes in existing countries, and advising our program teams on the optimal financial structure to serve our farmers
- Improve accuracy and utility of financial information
- Coordinate with various teams working on process improvements, with a goal of improving first-time data quality
- Ensure finance project roll-outs have excellent communication, clear procedures, proper training, and easy-to-follow desktop instructions
- Implement, Monitor and follow-up on KPIs that allow us to measure and improve Financial Reporting, Compliance, Finance Operations, and Internal Controls
- Ensure Effective Controls over Financial Reporting
- Develop and implement policies related to financial reporting and compliance
- Implement smart internal controls over financial reporting, which address key risks, while effectively keeping pace with new initiatives and program growth
- Working with Internal Audit, develop analytics and procedures to prevent and detect fraud and ensure those procedures are implemented and monitored
- Ensure accurate financial reporting under US GAAP
- Review and analyze financial information provided by accounting, and support/review the final preparation of consolidated financial statements and the accompanying notes, as well as other information required for lenders, donors, and other external parties
- Working with the Controller, evaluate the treatment of new or changing items and ensure proper presentation and disclosure under US GAAP
- Prepare/Review IRS Form 990 information
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 7+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- CPA. ACCA or similar certification required
- 7+ years work experience in a finance role – public accounting or audit experience desirable.
- US GAAP and Statutory financial reporting experience preferred.
- Significant People Management experience in a relevant role
- Ability to prioritize and adjust, and to help your team to do the same, in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Previous experience with SAP Business One a plus
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Language: English required, French or Kinyarwanda preferred
Preferred Start Date
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flights, housing.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply please follow this link: http://grnh.se/rbexua1