Full-Time Grants Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Denham Wolf Real Estate Services is an essential resource for New York City’s nonprofit community, providing expertise in transactions, development, and project management. Through our integrated services, we empower nonprofits to take a thoughtful, mission-first approach to real estate. We believe that an organization’s mission and programs should drive real estate projects, and this principle guides everything that we do. Denham Wolf has partnered with hundreds of nonprofits since its founding in 1998, shaping millions of square feet across New York City.
The professionals at Denham Wolf live and work throughout New York City and are dedicated to the betterment of their local communities. We hold ourselves accountable for the impacts of our work, and we support our clients in exploring opportunities to improve environmental and social well-being through real estate. Denham Wolf invests in talent and cultivates industriousness, regarding both as necessary for sustaining a commanding level of expertise, and considers cultural compatibility a key factor in all new hires.
Denham Wolf is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented team player for the role of Grants Administrator, within the firm’s Project Management Services group. Through this group, Denham Wolf supports clients in the planning, funding and financing, design, permitting and approvals, bidding, construction, closeout, and preliminary occupancy aspects of facilities projects.
The Grants Administrator will work closely with the group’s Project Managers and support them in the funding and financing administration of projects. Specific responsibilities of the Grants Administrator are project-specific and will include:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress updates for City and State agencies, including detailed financial and physical information.
- Compile monthly reports for submission to funding agencies and lending institutions.
- Prepare and update reporting templates for agency grants.
- Customize and maintain project status database.
- Liaise with representatives from City and State agencies regarding project funding and approvals.
The role of Grants Administrator is full-time, New York-based, and reports to the Director of Project Management Services.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional who possesses the following experience:
- 2+ years of professional experience with capital project accounting, nonprofit funding, fundraising, public grant administration, real estate financing, and/or related services
- Exposure to NYC approval agencies is preferred
- An undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or other relevant is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint software and in Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize tasks under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work with project team members to promptly resolve discrepancies and other issues related to assigned tasks
- Organized, attentive to detail, and committed to high quality work product
Compensation is salary-based. Performance bonuses are available, subject to meeting and exceeding defined performance metrics. Denham Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an educational stipend that may be put toward real estate education.
Denham Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to employ professionals that will contribute to the staff’s cultural diversity, diverse perspectives, and sense of curiosity.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title of “Grants Administrator” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Additional information can be found at www.denhamwolf.com.