Full-Time High School Associate Teacher – Math
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need results-driven High School Math Associate Teachers to join our school community.
We welcome candidates just starting their career or considering a change and provide our Associate Teachers with intensive summer training at Success Academy’s Education Institute, as well as ongoing professional development from experienced teachers and talented school leaders.
As an Associate Teacher, you will hit the ground running to support students in the classroom. An ideal candidate should exude professionalism and self-awareness, relish the fast-track, take and implement feedback quickly, and possess a good sense of humor. Associate Teachers that demonstrate their ability to effectively lead a classroom will be considered for a Lead Teacher position.
Success Academy is disrupting the status quo so we need candidates with a deep-seated belief that all children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them and are excited to join the ed reform movement.
If you are ready to join this elite team, your key responsibilities would include:
– Building a classroom culture in which students love math and take pleasure in discovering diverse strategies to solve math problems;
– Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on the dual tenets of logic and reasoning;
– Developing strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics;
– Skillfully orchestrating problem-solving through multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle;
– Collaborating to develop a model of excellence in high school math education;
– Preparing scholars to take the Math SAT II and Calculus AP exam in May; and
– Training with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Successful candidates have the following:
– Bachelor’s degree (preferred in Mathematics or related field), with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
-Passionate about mathematics and learning;
-High moral character;
-Flexibility and openness to feedback;
-Grit and perseverance; and
-Interest in working in a collaborative environment.
To join our team, please a submit your application including a resume and short essay on why you want to join the Success Academy team (500 words).
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.