Consulting India Expansion Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
As an organization, we constantly seek to impact more farmers, and we are currently launching our India program. This role is part of a small team based mostly in rural Bihar, India that strives to put an end to poverty by transforming the lives of the Indian farmers. The team purpose is to discover new agricultural interventions that deliver impact and are designed to scale to thousands of farmers.
These interventions are tested by launching several trials that aim at understanding their potential for impact.
The India Expansion Analyst contributes to the design of the trials and manages all aspects of their execution. More specifically, the Expansion Analyst executes the trials, collects and synthesizes trial data, provides insights to make constant revisions to the product and service offerings, and manages field teams and key stakeholders. If successful, the interventions will be scaled to thousands of households. The Expansion Analyst plays a key role in the scale-up process and the establishment of a full-country program.
On a day-to-day basis, the India Expansion Analyst will cover a mix of activities:
- Executing trials: identifying clear goals, creating project calendars, designing workflows, creating field tools and talking points, designing incentive systems and understanding stakeholders. Following up and monitoring project execution in the field.
- Collecting and synthesizing trial data: managing all the aspects of trial data collection (both qualitative and quantitative), cleaning and presenting data.
- Providing insights and recommendations on trial and program design: based on the data collected and analyzed, generating insights on how to change the intervention with a focus on the product offering and services and on general trial design.
- Building and managing teams: hiring staff using One Acre Fund’s unique “experiential hiring” system, mentoring key deputies, and managing the team as you build it.
- Communicating with other teams: working in coordination with One Acre Fund’s other teams remotely ensuring the smooth execution of trial from a legal, financial and security standpoint.
- Communicating with external stakeholders: working in coordination with local private and public partners to establish long-lasting relationships that ensure a smooth execution of the trials and rapid growth to scale.
One Acre Fund has deep operational experience running rural field programs at a scale of 1,000+ full-time staff per country. Program Associates benefit from this past experience, quickly building their skill-set through immersion in our operating environment. At the same time, the main role of Program Associates is to accelerate growth and to constantly stretch and improve our operations. This presents an excellent career opportunity to both learn from One Acre Fund’s accumulated experience and constantly improve and enable 40%+ program growth per year.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Trial management experience and operational skills.
- Field and desktop research skills including qualitative and quantitative data analysis, performing data collection and carrying out data cleaning and analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as Stata or R is preferred but not required
- Team management skills.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to manage groups of stakeholders and build partnerships.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of India for at least two years.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required in all locations. Hindi fluency very useful.
- Other notable and useful languages are Odiya and Assamese
PREFERRED START DATE
Patna, Bihar (with extensive rural travel)
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, annual flights, and other quality of life benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
How to Apply
Apply here: https://grnh.se/d3phtm1