Full-Time India Expansion Analyst
As an organization, we constantly seek to impact more farmers, and we are currently launching our India program. This role is part of a small team based mostly in rural North or East India that strives to put an end to poverty by transforming the lives of the Indian farmers. The team purpose is to discover new agricultural interventions that deliver impact and are designed to scale to thousands of farmers.
These interventions are tested by launching several trials that aim at understanding their potential for impact.
The India Expansion Analyst contributes to the design of the trials and manages all aspects of their execution. More specifically, the Expansion Analyst executes the trials, collects and synthesizes trial data, provides insights to make constant revisions to the product and service offerings, and manages field teams and key stakeholders. If successful, the interventions will be scaled to thousands of households. The Expansion Analyst plays a key role in the scale-up process and the establishment of a full-country program.
On a day-to-day basis, the India Expansion Analyst will cover a mix of activities:
- Executing trials: identifying clear goals, creating project calendars, designing workflows, creating field tools and talking points, designing incentive systems and understanding stakeholders. Following up and monitoring project execution in the field.
- Collecting and synthesizing trial data: managing all the aspects of trial data collection (both qualitative and quantitative), cleaning and presenting data.
- Providing insights and recommendations on trial and program design: based on the data collected and analyzed, generating insights on how to change the intervention with a focus on the product offering and services and on general trial design.
- Building and managing teams: hiring staff using One Acre Fund’s unique “experiential hiring” system, mentoring key deputies, and managing the team as you build it.
- Communicating with other teams: working in coordination with One Acre Fund’s other teams remotely ensuring the smooth execution of trial from a legal, financial and security standpoint.
- Communicating with external stakeholders: working in coordination with local private and public partners to establish long-lasting relationships that ensure a smooth execution of the trials and rapid growth to scale.
One Acre Fund has deep operational experience running rural field programs at a scale of 1,000+ full-time staff per country. Program Associates benefit from this past experience, quickly building their skill-set through immersion in our operating environment. At the same time, the main role of Program Associates is to accelerate growth and to constantly stretch and improve our operations. This presents an excellent career opportunity to both learn from One Acre Fund’s accumulated experience and constantly improve and enable 40%+ program growth per year.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Trial management:
- Operational skills:
- Hiring and managing field staff
- Setting KPIs and meet them
- Create and manage calendars
- Procuring and ensuring the delivery of inputs
- Promptly solve operational issues etc.
- Field and desktop research skills:
- Combining qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Perform data collection
- Adopt data quality practices
- Carry out data cleaning
- Ability to create an analysis plan, draw clear conclusions from the data and provide recommendations for programmatic changes. Also:
- Knowledge of experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluation methods is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as Stata or R is preferred but not required
- Operational skills:
- Team management:
- Hiring skills:
- Build the entire trial field team through careful hiring
- Deliver onboarding and ensure staff retention
- Coaching and mentoring skills:
- Ensure smooth decision making within the team in an uncertain environment
- Motivate and inspire people in their role
- Hiring skills:
- Communication skills:
- Communicate clearly and concisely both internally and externally
- Partnership skills:
- Having managed groups of several stakeholders
- Having worked on partnerships projects within the private and/or public sector in India
- Communication skills:
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include final grade/marks/GPA).
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of India for at least two years.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required in all locations. Hindi fluency very useful.
- Other notable and useful languages are Odiya and Assamese
PREFERRED START DATE
Bhubaneswar, Odisha OR Patna, Bihar (with extensive rural travel)
Minimum 2-year commitment, full-time job
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply: http://grnh.se/d3phtm1