Internship Internship Program | The Chasing Coral Campaign
Internship term: This internship is unpaid and available for school credit only, with a minimum requirement of 15 hours/week. Ideally, candidates are available for 2+ days/week.
Start date: October 1st, 2017 or earlier (negotiable) for Fall Internships.
Location: At Exposure Labs HQ in Boulder, CO or remote. We have a semi-remote team so open to candidates based anywhere in the United States.
Closing date: October 1st, 2017 for fall Internships. Though applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Exposure Labs
Exposure Labs is the team behind the Academy Award-nominated film Chasing Ice. We are dedicated to impact through a film, and strive to tackle projects of environmental, social, and political importance.
We are currently looking to fill several roles on our impact team for our latest feature film, Chasing Coral. Premiering at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and taking home the Audience Award, the film continues the conversation begun with Chasing Ice, shifting focus to one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet: coral reefs.
Our campaign aims to make a big splash (pun intended!) and capture the opportunity around Chasing Coral’s worldwide release on Netflix. With the film at the center, our goal is to strengthen local movements advancing climate solutions across the United States.
As we prepare to launch our fall programming, with a focus both on outreach to the US southeast, and the integration of art-based campaigning, we are on the hunt for interns who can expand the capacity of our small team by supporting and coordinating everything that’s happening with the campaign. Responsibilities may include:
- Community management. Assisting with email and social correspondence to our online community of supporters. Assisting with the delivery of key assets such as screening guides, post-screening surveys, and the shipping of media to high profile events across the globe. Providing support across our social media channels.
- Administrative support. Providing general administrative support to members of the team. This may include everything from booking travel to coordinating meetings.
- Communications and copywriting. Developing materials, emails and other communications to support our grassroots outreach, with a focus on the US southeast, schools and faith-based communities. Also supporting the development of toolkits and materials for programs
- Research. Identifying opportunities for strategic partnerships and assisting in the development of our pilot program through research.
The Chasing Coral internship will be campaign driven with no production overlap. If you’re looking to gain filmmaking or production experience, this is likely not the right fit.
If you’re looking for valuable experience within the campaign space we may be right up your alley! As a small passion-driven team, you will experience first hand what it means to be a part of a startup film campaign – where we value big ideas, creative thinking, and foster opportunities for growth.
Qualities we’re looking for in an ideal candidate include:
- You are a go-getter! No task is too big or too small for you.
- You’re committed to excellence. You’re impeccable with time management.
- You communicate clearly and professionally. You are a concise and clear writer. You can easily adapt your style to suit everyone from CEOs to fifth graders.
- Organized and pay exceptional attention to detail.
- You’re interested in film-based campaigning. You’re excited to work in advancing the environmental movement, learning about political organizing and/or city-level policy advocacy, and storytelling.
- You’re comfortable in a remote work environment.
Even better if you have experience:
- Managing events and coordinating projects
- Working on CRM systems and other data management platforms
- Managing donors, boards and/or influential supporters
- Experience project managing the development of websites
- Working in environmental movement, political organizing and/or around city-level policy advocacy.
- Technical and/or design skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, web development, programming
We believe passionately in the power of storytelling to change the world.
We engage everyone with respect and humility. We approach conversations with an open mind, recognizing the need to unite, not divide, people around the challenges we face.
We are a small (but growing!) team. Our culture is fast-paced and intense — and also close-knit and collaborative. We work flexible hours with the energy of a start-up. We value big ideas and creative thinking. We love working with good people who have a positive attitude and friendly spirit.
How to Apply
Please fill out our Internship Application Form. You will receive an email confirmation acknowledging receipt of your online application. If you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted with a micro-assignment and from there we will begin scheduling Skype or in-person interviews. Due to the high volume of applications, we ask that you not contact our team directly regarding Internship or job opportunities. If you encounter issues submitting your application, you can reach out to our team at email@example.com for troubleshooting.