Full-Time Kenya Financial Advisory Services Lead
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Finance Advisory Services (FAS) team – akin to a country CFOs – leads our strategic finance strategy and provides an analytical perspective on all major decisions (enrollment, pricing, incentives, org-structure, etc). This consulting team provides concise, actionable advice around how to best achieve the country’s scale and impact goals in the most financially efficient way. The FAS goal is complete financial sustainability.
As a young organization, we will rely on your recommendations and thorough analysis. Thus, we are seeking an exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience. The position offers pathways into country executive team positions or regional management.
We are seeking a candidate to lead financial decisions for our Kenya program, and be based in Kakamega, Kenya.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Consulting for Country Leadership. Shape strategy on all major operational decisions by analyzing them under a financial light. Work with country leadership to increase revenue, decrease cost/farmer, and mitigate financial risks.
- Develop the Financial Models for Key Decisions. Support the various teams in evolving the way we do financial analytics. For example:
- Work with field operations to identify profitable districts and decrease incentives
- Work with logistics to decrease the cost per farmer
- Work with human resources to develop a lean staffing structure
- Work with our innovations team to lead our pricing strategy
- Lead our Long-Term Planning. Own our annual 5-year strategy document, with major emphasis on a realistic 5-year financial model that pushes the organization towards higher sustainability, more farmers, and greater impact. Lead the annual budgeting process to build budgets for each department and country. Accurately forecast our financials, one year out, so that our executive teams can make well-informed decisions.
- Hold Our Teams Accountable to Our Long-Term Plans. Work with department heads and country directors to stay on budget and mitigate risks. FAS is responsible for keeping the country on financial target. Provide monthly reports on our results alongside thorough analysis and recommendations for improved efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and product pricing.
- Country Finance point of contact. Act as the main country representative and project manage a variety of finance-related projects by working to connect our Accounting, and Treasury teams with country teams.
- Note: This role does not manage the payment, accounting, or treasury functions which operate independently. This role uses the advice and data from these teams to influence executive decisions.
- Mentor Staff and Project Manage. Recruit, manage and develop a key deputy to assist you. Project manage complex projects related to finance across the country.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 3+ years work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience in a finance function (e.g. SME management consulting, an entrepreneurial role, working as a business or finance analyst).
- Strong financial modeling expertise
- Independent and entrepreneurial drive
- Confidence with numbers and providing quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Ability to clearly communicate in a logical and structured way to an audience with widely varying levels of expertise and interests.
- Ability and drive to work independently, while effectively prioritizing potentially conflicting demands from various teams.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including both verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Strong educational background.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track position with potential to grow into a management role.
- Language: English required. Swahili a plus.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, annual flights and other quality of life benefits.
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://grnh.se/7ea832731