Full-Time Lobbying Associate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Public Interest Network Lobbying Associate
The Public Interest Network is hiring a Lobbying Associate who will work in Congress and state and local government to make sure the public’s voice is heard. The Lobbying Associate will support our efforts to build relationships with state, national and local players and make the best case for our policies directly to decision makers.
What is the Public Interest Network?
The Public Interest Network and its primary subsidiary affiliates U.S. PIRG and Environment America run dozens of campaigns to protect the public interest and save the planet. We have hundreds of staff in more than 30 states who are organizing the grassroots, building coalitions with top allies, networking the media for earned coverage, and advocating directly with decision-makers to win on campaigns.
The network’s major efforts right now include:
- Environment America’s campaign to save the bees from extinction
- U.S. PIRG’s campaign to stop the overuse of antibiotics on factory farms
- Environment America’s campaign calling for a nationwide commitment to 100% renewable energy
As the Lobbying Associate, you will:
- Do your research to find the best way to make your case to decision makers
- Meet with elected officials directly in Washington DC and across the country
- Seek out and attend networking events to build relationships with key players
- Set up and maintain tracking systems to analyze our progress building access with state, national and local targets
- Are smart
- Can walk into a room and make friends
- Can write and speak persuasively and boil down complex issues
- Have built something from scratch and have demonstrated leadership experience
- Sweat the details
- Are ready to fight for a better world, but don’t see everyone who disagrees with you as the enemy
Compensation & Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,000 in the first year. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement
How to Apply
Apply online at http://bit.ly/2oxWw8s.