Full-Time Logistics & Event Coordinator
We believe that every student, every idea, and every startup has the possibility to do great things. To shape culture. To disrupt business. To inspire change. At Quarter Zero (QØ), we exist to propel that possibility.
QØ provides a structured, immersive, real-world learning experience for young people with a drive and curiosity to solve problems. Our students acquire practical skills and a community of like-minded peers and mentors that will propel them into a lifelong journey of entrepreneurship. We provide hands-on entrepreneurial programs through our flagship Catapult Incubator, Startup Bootcamp, and International Intensive. To date, we have worked with over 350 young entrepreneurs, 70+ ventures, and our alumni have generated over $3 million. We are significantly expanding our programming, exploring new geographic markets, and testing new opportunities.
About the Role
The role of the Logistics & Event Coordinator will cover three main responsibilities throughout the year, shifting as seasons progress. The Summer will include plenty of travel across the nation, while the Spring and Fall will focus on planning logistics and admissions. This role is for someone who loves checking things off the list, constantly learning new things month to month, and can manage multiple deliverables at once.
- Source, research, and negotiate contracts with a variety of vendors including hotels, caterers, venues, transportation companies, and more.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, and negotiating skills.
- Be present on the ground level during programming to ensure that all events run smoothly.
- Must have the ability to think quickly in high-pressure situations and problem-solve independently when problems arise.
Admissions Coordination + Marketing Support:
- Manage the applications and admissions process for all programming and provide support with marketing initiatives.
- Must have strong attention to detail, understanding of spreadsheets, and a “systems” mindset.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in event planning or comparable logistics coordination.
- Experience working with events or a similar high intensity environment.
- Experience working with youth, and an interest in developing the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets.
Quarter Zero is a fast-paced startup run by a small and nimble team. We work hard because we believe in our mission, but we also work smart because we believe in efficiency. We value a flat hierarchical structure and actively look for opportunities where team members can grow in their experience and voice their insights.
At Quarter Zero, we are committed to diversity both in our programs and in our company. We often ask our students to leverage their unique perspective to solve a problem. Similarly, we are looking for individuals who can leverage their unique backgrounds to drive greater impact and serve a diverse set of students.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong interest in startups, social impact, and youth development.
- An ability to work with a range of people from a diverse set of backgrounds (students, parents, educators, advisors, vendors, etc.).
- Ownership and self-sufficiency. We value those who can be independent, make smart decisions on the fly, and be highly adaptable.
- Humbleness & a willingness to do a range of tasks from big to small. This is a small startup so every day is different and no job is below any of us.
- A desire to see the impact of their work directly & immediately. This is not a place where you work for “the man” or are just a “cog in the wheel.”
- The appetite to work hard with a small team and ambition to grow into future leadership positions as the company grows.
- A love for travel. This position requires frequent travel, especially during the summer months.
- A great sense of humor! We love a good laugh and a jovial spirit.
LOCATION & DATES:
Quarter Zero is headquartered in New York City, and day-to-day operations will take place in a co-working office in Manhattan. Implementing event logistics at our programming locations are a large part of this role so a love for traveling is a must! The position’s start date will be January 2018. Candidates must also be available for the entirety of programming weeks that occur in June, July, and August (more detailed calendar will be provided during the interview process).
- Benefits: Healthcare allowance & reimbursement plan, commuter benefits, and more.
- Grow With Us: You’ll be given a vast amount of responsibility & independence. We hate micromanaging and want you to take ownership.
- Close-Knit Small Team: A flat structure, annual retreats, team activities, and open feedback make for a happy work environment.
- Flexible Vacation Culture: We recognize that rest is important so we don’t have a culture of nitpicking exact days.
- Remote-Friendly: Whether it’s working from home when the weather is terrible or working from your hometown-home to visit your family.
- Social Impact: We operate as a social enterprise and love that our work impacts the next generation of entrepreneurs & startups.
NOTE: Due to the close proximity to minors, candidates being considered for the position will be required to pass a criminal background check during the interview process.
How to Apply
Please email JoinOurTeam@QuarterZero.com with your cover letter (300 words max) and resume to apply to this role.