Full-Time Marketing Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text. We’re looking for a someone with marketing, social media and community outreach experience who is a well versed in reaching minority populations. Must be passionate and driven by our purpose, love for our community, and our texters.
Who you are:
- Cool as a cucumber while in the fast lane. You like moving quickly. You handle changes in stride and have great time management and multitasking skills. You are a positive, glass half-full person.
- Organized to the gills. You love efficiency, precision, planning, and making everything seamless. You like to understand things and measure results.
- Hungry. You take initiative and are known to go above and beyond what’s asked of you. You anticipate needs and problems ahead of time–and love solving them. You have no qualms about picking up the phone and cold calling someone.
- Expert Communicator. You believe in Crisis Text Line deeply and want to share it with anyone who will listen. You are clear and concise. You are an expert at follow-up and make sure the ball is always in their court.
What you’ll do:
Volunteer recruitment. You’ll lead recruitment targeting diverse Crisis Counselors. This includes:
- Identifying best means of recruiting diverse applicants (people of color, people over 55, veterans, etc).
- Developing long term strategy for volunteer recruitment.
- Working closely with the communications team to develop and execute on volunteer recruitment strategies.
Texter volume. You’ll lead initiatives to grow our diverse texter audiences. This includes:
- Identifying best strategies.
- Managing partnerships and ensuring they all promote 741741.
- Executing strategies, measuring impact, pivoting.
Media and PR. You’ll guide the communications team to reach more diverse media outlets. This includes:
- Developing relationships with websites, newspapers, radio, events, etc.
- Scheduling interviews, preparing interviewees.
- Developing press releases and pitching stories.
- Contributing to social media and the blog (coming soon!).
Must live or be willing to move to NYC.
- 3 weeks vacation
- A rockin’ team. Lots of support and laughter.
- You don’t have to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do).
- Crisis Text Line is an equal opportunity employer.