Full-Time Marketing Manager
Denham Wolf Real Estate Services is an essential resource for New York City’s nonprofit community, providing expertise in transactions, development, and project management. Through our integrated services, we empower nonprofits to take a thoughtful, mission-first approach to real estate. We believe that an organization’s mission and programs should drive real estate projects, and this principle guides everything that we do. Denham Wolf has partnered with hundreds of nonprofits since its founding in 1998, shaping millions of square feet across New York City.
The professionals at Denham Wolf live and work throughout New York City and are dedicated to the betterment of their local communities. We hold ourselves accountable for the impacts of our work, and we support our clients in exploring opportunities to improve environmental and social well-being through real estate. Denham Wolf invests in talent and cultivates industriousness, regarding both as necessary for sustaining a commanding level of expertise, and considers cultural compatibility a key factor in all new hires.
Denham Wolf is seeking a collaborative self-starter with an enthusiasm for the nonprofit industry to fill the position of Marketing Manager.
The firm’s client-facing professionals are supported in their work by an internal Marketing & Operations group. Within this four-person group, the Marketing Manager is tasked with ensuring the integrity of Denham Wolf’s brand, the quality of business development materials and processes, and the recognition of the firm’s people and impact. In addition, he or she will support the advancement of internal operations and initiatives, for the Marketing & Operations group and for the full firm.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Managing our processes for engaging potential clients, such as producing reports and white papers, creating presentation content, organizing Denham Wolf-hosted events, and creating email, website, or social media-based material.
- Managing our processes for celebrating Denham Wolf’s people, projects, and ideas, such as pitching the press, producing award submissions, producing panelist/speaking opportunity submissions, and creating email, website, or social media-based material.
- Preparing materials for pitches/interviews and proposals for new business.
- Supporting the Transaction Services group in preparing materials related to the marketing of buildings for sale or leasing opportunities.
- Overseeing select relationships with outside vendors, such as professional printers and the firm’s website developer.
- Attending regular meetings of the firm’s service groups (Transaction Services, Project Management Services, and Development Services) and guiding the marketing-related aspects of these meetings.
- Coordinating monthly marketing meetings with the firm’s management team, including the preparation of meeting agendas, with guidance from the Director of Marketing & Operations.
- Collaborating with the Director of Marketing & Operations to track marketing effectiveness, coordinate related reporting, and suggest improvements to the firm’s marketing processes.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, the Marketing Manager will work closely with project staff and the other members of the Marketing & Operations group. He or she will be regularly advised by the Director of Marketing & Operations, but a substantial amount of his or her workload will be independently organized and implemented. The Marketing Manager role is full-time, New York-based, and reports to the Director of Marketing & Operations.
Ideal candidates for the position of Marketing Manager will possess the following experience and characteristics:
- At least three (3) years of experience in a marketing role within the professional services industry is essential; experience directly related to commercial real estate and/or nonprofits is strongly preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, including copywriting and editing for multiple marketing channels, are required. Past experience with ghostwriting, preparing media kits, or experience collaborating with the press is a plus.
- Familiarity with image management, including usage rights / licensing is required. Photography, photo touch up, or basic digital illustration skills are a plus.
- Professional experience managing outside vendors, such as graphic designers or public relations consultants.
- A passion for partnering with others to make a positive societal impact.
- An aptitude for creative problem solving, consensus-building, and motivating action in others, including senior leadership.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of organization, including a natural talent for building and improving systems that create, catalog, and archive content.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, in a Windows-based environment.
- Past professional experience with Salesforce is a significant plus, and is experienced with CoStar, PropertyShark, PLUTO, ZoLa, ArcGIS, and/or other platforms for collecting and formatting commercial real estate information.
Exceptional candidates whose qualifications exceed those listed above will be considered for the role of Senior Marketing Manager.
Denham Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to employ professionals that will contribute to the staff’s cultural diversity, diverse perspectives, and sense of curiosity.
Compensation for the role of Marketing Manager is salary-based and commensurate with experience. Annual bonuses are available, subject to excellent performance. Denham Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package.