Part-Time Media Arts Education Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Magic Box Productions, a non-profit media arts education organization that brings media arts programs (video, animation, and photography) to New York area schools, is seeking an Education Manager with the flexibility to travel to NYC school sites, work remotely and also spend a few hours a month in the Westchester office.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and the Operations Manager, the School Education Manager will work with the office staff and the media Teaching Artists to observe and evaluate residencies, review lesson plans, design and facilitate professional development sessions, and facilitate the Fellowship program.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Media Arts background preferred
- Education degree
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills, with a sharp eye for details and good ‘follow-through’ ability
- Solid computer skills, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-initiative: Must be collaborative, flexible, able to juggle multiple priorities, and be willing to work independently
- Integrity and good humor are required
Specific duties and responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to the following
- Reviewing and revising lesson plans with Teaching Artists
- Mid-way and end of residency meetings with Teaching Artists to evaluate the success of each program
- Classroom observation, and debriefing and goal setting with Teaching Artists
- Set agendas and lead Professional Development Workshops
- Help design and facilitate Teaching Fellowship program
Hours: 10 hours a week with some flexibility
Optimum Start Date: September 2018
How to Apply
Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2018 Interviews for invited candidates will be held the week of August 20th