Full-Time Membership Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. As the global champion of impact investors, the GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective practice by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
The GIIN is seeking to hire a Membership Coordinator to support Network Membership and Investors’ Council program administration, service delivery, and member recruitment. As part of the Membership Team, the ideal candidate for the role must have strong organizational skills, professional verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Support member administration, such as processing membership applications, scheduling on-boarding and check-in calls, and responding to general inquiries
- Manage the online membership portal and the member services email account, responding to member inquiries and troubleshooting technical issues
- Interface with members as needed to support programming and organizational goals
- With the Operations team, support the invoicing process for membership dues
- Track and update member information and engagement data in Salesforce and in other formats as needed
Event planning and programming support
- Provide logistical support for activities and events, including MailChimp invitations, venue and other vendor research, procurement and purchasing of supplies, etc.
- Set up and run the logistics for virtual convenings and webinars, including ReadyTalk and RingCentral Platforms
- Produce participant materials for in-person and virtual convenings, such as attendee lists, sign-up sheets, nametags, participant packets, etc.
- Support post-event close-down, including surveying attendees, sending follow-up emails, and reconciling attendance reports
- Coordinate member outreach across different GIIN programs, including newsletters, update emails, etc.
- Provide back-up operational support for events (in-person and virtual),
- Conduct desk research as needed to support content development
Marketing and communications
- Work with the Communications Team to maintain and update membership marketing materials and membership-related information on the GIIN website
- Additional responsibilities as needed, including scheduling calls, supporting Membership Team Director
This is and will be principally a program support position and the GIIN is seeking candidates who enjoy excelling in an operational and administrative capacity. Applicants should have a high degree of professionalism, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Coordinator must also be highly responsible, collaborative, resourceful, and flexible. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver who takes initiative to consistently perform to high standards. Experience working in a professional office environment is required.
· Work experience demonstrating exceptional administrative, organizational, and/or event planning abilities
· Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Proactive communicator who identifies problems, communicates them, and takes initiative to solve them
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, and service orientation
· Experience with technology solutions and databases, such as Salesforce
· Working knowledge of computer software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
· Interest or experience in impact investing and/or social and environmental issues
· Ability to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
· Personable, engaging presence with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
· Bachelor’s degree required
How to Apply
Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. The position is based in New York, NY. Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we strongly encourage early applications. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.