Part-Time Part-time Salesforce Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At Start Small Think Big (“Start Small”), we believe that access to high-quality legal, financial management, and marketing services is an essential part of starting or growing a successful small business, especially for small businesses owners who are currently lower income. We are a nonprofit organization, located in New York City and the Bay Area, that focuses on pairing entrepreneurs positioned to grow their businesses with top pro bono attorneys and financial and marketing experts. Our thoughtful and highly curated blend of one-on-one legal, financial management, and marketing services equips businesses with a solid foundation on which to create jobs and build wealth through entrepreneurship.
We are seeking a part-time Salesforce Administrator to join our team to manage the administration, customization and improvement of our Salesforce system. This position will work with program staff to design and implement scalable and efficient Salesforce solutions for our organizational processes, including customizing our system to enable and automate program and fundraising processes; build reports; ensure data accuracy and integrity; research, advise on, and activate new features and integrations; answer user questions, and more. Ideal candidates will have at least two years of experience working as a Salesforce Administrator and have experience designing, configuring and customizing Salesforce. The Salesforce Administrator will report to the Impact Assessment Director and will play a key role in helping Start Small Think Big continue to use technology to scale our work, support our programs, and further our strategic commitment to be a data-driven organization measuring the impact of its initiatives.
Job Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Consistent administration and support of Salesforce including but not limited to: managing users, profiles and roles; customization of objects, fields, record types, and page layouts; manage, test, and implement workflow triggers, validation rules, alerts, automated email responses, managing and building reports etc.
- Troubleshoot problems and manage ongoing support requests of all staff.
- Data Management: Perform ongoing data cleaning, data de-duping, and data quality assurance to ensure data quality and integrity and data security.
- Business Analysis and Planning:
- Proactively seek opportunities for technological solutions to improve process efficiency and solve organizational challenges.
- Work with program staff to understand organizational and user needs, identify creative opportunities to support additional processes or functions using Salesforce.
- System Integration:
- Manage all integrated third-party extensions including Form Assembly, Conga Composer, Campaign Monitor, Cirrus Insight, Eventbrite Sync etc.
- In particular, manage the integration and flow of data between Start Small’s many clients, volunteers, and partner facing Form Assembly forms and Salesforce database. Build new forms integrated with Salesforce and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Support staff with other IT software used including Dropbox, G Suite, Microsoft Office etc.
- Training & Documentation:
- Develop and maintain documentation of system configuration and customization.
- As necessary, coordinate new user and ongoing training sessions and support. Create ‘how-to’ internal guides and relevant training.
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business or related field.
- Experience integrating Form Assembly with Salesforce preferred, experience with other third party applications including Conga Composer, Campaign Monitor, Cirrus Insight, Eventbrite Sync etc. a plus.
- Experience migrating data with Data Loader or equivalent, creating and maintaining automation processes including validation and workflow rules and process builder.
- Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions with non-technical staff.
- Excellent analytical, process design and problem solving skills, and demonstrated project management experience; ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
- Salesforce Administrator (201) or Developer (401) certification a plus; Apex/Visualforce development experience highly preferred.
- Commitment to Start Small Think Big’s mission, and a passion for leveraging technology to scale social change.
Candidates based in NYC are preferred, but remote workers will be considered.
Start Small Think Big is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, or political affiliation.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: Christine Coakley, Impact Assessment Director at email@example.com (include subject line: “[your name] Part-time Salesforce Administrator).”