Full-Time Payroll Associate Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Payroll Associate Director
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepares low-income students to graduate from college. We have achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Our schools are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. We proudly work for the 18,000 students in our 53 schools across three states in six cities and are passionately committed to their success!
About the role
The Payroll Associate Director supports our Newark-based Accounting team deliver on its goals by processing school-specific payroll for the NJ region and handling other related tasks. This hands-on and seasoned payroll professional drives day-to-day processes forward, in accordance with high performance standards while delivering exceptional customer service. Reports to the Senior Associate Director of Accounting -New Jersey (with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Payroll Manager).
- Manage all aspects of current and future school-specific payroll processing and provide comprehensive quality control to achieve on time, error free payrolls.
- Manage process for NJ pension (TPAF, PERS, DCRP) in collaboration with HR/benefits team and produce the IROC quarterly
- Respond to payroll data requests by utilizing ADP custom reporting tool
- Manage grant payroll allocations
- Manage federal grant employee tagging (budget allocation of employees in federal grant-paid positions)
- Manage quarter end and year end payroll processing
- Respond to GL data requests by utilizing MIP reporting
- Maintain ADP System interface and own the preparation of all payroll related reporting
- Prepare for and support the annual audit
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) required in Finance/Accounting (required)
- 2+ years of progressive experience in Payroll/Accounting/HR preferred
- Multi-state payroll processing experience required
- ADP Workforce Payroll experience required
- Knowledge of federal and state (NY, NJ, and/or MA) regulations related to administration of HR operations & data systems preferred
- Skills and Experience
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong customer-orientation
- History of successfully implementing/integrating systems, policies and protocols
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including high proficiency in Excel
- Hands-on, team player who possesses a can-do attitude
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with project teams