Full-Time People Operations Associate
One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts to hire the world’s best international development professionals. We are seeking a detail-oriented professional, with excellent people skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to learn to join our People Operations team (POPS) to help provide our staff with exceptional service, benefits, and support, with a particular focus on direct HR services for staff.
The People Operations Associate will join our Global HR team to provide support in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to the following:
- Onboarding, Offboarding, and Other Job Transitions Support: The People Operations Associate will provide direct support for One Acre Fund’s global professionals, in particular leading Global HR’s support with onboarding, offboarding, internal transfers, and promotions. This team member is expected to onboard approximately 50+ new global leadership staff each year posted in more than ten countries worldwide, support departing staff, and provide HR support during job transitions as well. Work will include:
- Coordinating closely with the Global Recruitment, Corporate Operations, and Finance teams, as well as other members of the Global HR team.
- Working in our HR information system (HRIS) to ensure new hires have clear onboarding tasks assigned and new hire paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Communicating with new staff regarding policies and benefits, and answering onboarding questions.
- Providing support for global professionals with internal transfers, promotions, and other job-related changes, including making updates in our HRIS and answering staff questions about changes in policies and benefits.
- Working with managers to provide offboarding support, such as initiating offboarding tasks in our HRIS, sending out exit surveys to staff and managers, and answering questions from departing staff.
- Playing a key role in finding new ways to streamline and improve the staff experience with our onboarding, offboarding, and other job transitions.
- HRIS and Document Management: The People Operations Associate is expected to help administer our HR information system (HRIS) and work with Global Recruitment, Finance, Corporate Operations, and other teams, as well as senior leaders at One Acre Fund, to support HRIS data needs across our organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Being an administrator for our HRIS, including troubleshooting technical issues, managing confidentiality in the HRIS, and providing other support as requested from our staff.
- Ensuring timely data updates are made in the HRIS (and communicated to other teams, as applicable) when staff changes take place.
- Creating and updating HRIS reports to share key HR data.
- Managing various HR documents stored on the HRIS, including creating and updating document templates, updating existing documents, improving document management systems, and working with a graphic designer on larger projects, as applicable.
- Payroll and Reimbursements: The People Operations Associate will assist with analyzing and processing reimbursements and payroll, including:
- Setting up new staff on payroll, assisting with payroll data entry, and providing other support for timely processing of payroll and staff support.
- Monthly payroll reporting.
- Assisting with reviewing, analyzing, and processing benefit-related reimbursement expense requests each month in time for payroll deadlines.
- Special Projects: The People Operations Associate will have the opportunity to lead and support various special projects specific to the Global HR team. These projects will offer the People Operations Associate the opportunity to further the strategy, objectives and key results of the Global HR team, the People Division, and the organization. Accordingly, the scope of any potential projects will depend on the specific needs of the team and the organization.
- Customer Service: The POPS team is responsible for quickly responding to a variety of HR-related inquiries from our staffers around the world. This team member will have the opportunity to connect with staff members in our different countries of operation by supporting their HR needs.
- Start-Up Tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly. This means that all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our staffers and clients. We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic staff member who can tackle tasks quickly and accurately and who has the flexibility and willingness to take on any People Operations task or project that arises.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking a professional ideally with 2 or more years of experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Passion for human resources/supporting people. We are looking for candidates who are truly passionate about providing outstanding support to our staff.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable utilizing database systems. Strong data entry skills and previous experience using a database system (can be, but not limited to, an HRIS) is necessary for succeeding in this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrate an ability to engage with a wide range of staff, both verbally and in written communications, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Strong judgment and the ability to prioritize multiple demanding, time-sensitive tasks with tight deadlines.
- Interest in gaining HR experience or the opportunity to expand HR-related skills. Successful applicants will be able to administer and assist in the following areas: HR information systems; new staff hiring and internal transfers; supporting departing staff; payroll and expense reimbursements; HR policy creation and administration; and HR customer service.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, flexibility, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Team player. We are looking for candidates that are not only ready to join and contribute to the Global HR team, but who are also willing to support and build relationships with One Acre Fund staff.
- Strong leadership experiences at work, or outside of work.
- Language: English required.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Nairobi, Kenya, Kigali, Rwanda or Kampala, Uganda
Minimum 2 years’ commitment, full-time job
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room, and board.
WILLING TO SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes, for Rwanda-posting only. Nairobi or Kampala based candidates must have pre-existing work authorization in Kenya or Uganda without sponsorship.
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the following site: https://grnh.se/2331ae3f1