Internship People Operations/HR Intern
New York City (preferred); flexible
One Acre Fund is seeking a strong candidate for a Human Resources internship on the People Operations team. This position will allow a student or recent graduate to gain professional experience working for a growing social enterprise, and to gain insight into the policies and systems that need to be in place to support a global team.
- People Support/HR Research: Assist team with researching a variety of benefits, professional development opportunities, HR best practices, and more. Provide write-ups on relevant topics, including summarizing key learnings.
- People Support/HR Policy Updates: Assist with reviewing existing policies, updating key information, and creating new policy documents.
- People Support/HR Communications: Assist with creating PowerPoint presentations on a variety of People/HR topics. Research and recommend best practices for improving People/HR communications (e.g. newsletters). Assist with creating document management strategies to improve access to critical information for employees.
- Career Development Program Management: Assist manager with gathering and disseminating information on professional development resources to staff. Support manager with project planning for Career Development Program, including scheduling, modifying templates, organizing the program, analyzing survey data, and recommending areas for improvement.
- Special Projects: Work with the team to develop special projects related to your HR interests and People Support team needs.
- Assist in general People Support functions: Support other projects, as needed, during the course of the internship.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
We are seeking exceptional recent graduates or students with a demonstrated interest in Human Resources. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong interest in People Operations and HR; HR-focused studies and/or work experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Business proficiency in English
- Reliable, and able to work independently
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Patience and a humble approach to service
Preferred Start Date
Average Hours per Week
- Summer: 40
- During school year: 15-20
Course credit or modest stipend
How to Apply
Apply directly here: http://grnh.se/1ajd4v1