Full-Time Principal Market Coordinator, Community Affairs – Commercial Northeast
Capital One’s Community Affairs team is looking for a progressive, team-oriented associate with a mindset and commitment to outstanding service, collaboration and growth. The Northeast Community Affairs Market Associate will support Community Affairs and Commercial Bank team in their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts including facilitating partnerships with the lines of business, managing internal – external stakeholder groups and supporting the Market President Network at the regional and state level in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Louisiana.
Communications and Operations
- Create, coordinate and manage appropriate level communications with various stakeholders to execute on events including run of show, COF remarks and event recaps.
- Maintain Community Affairs communication vehicles including newsletters, dashboards and other internal marketing vehicles (Pulse page).
- Liaise with communications teammates to support internal and external coverage of programs and activities related to associate engagement, executive engagement, business development, recognition and community impact.
- Collect and archive impact stories and collateral (i.e. photos, quotes) for use in internal and external communications (i.e. annual reports, award applications).
- Coordinate data reporting, surveys and tracking in collaboration with Commercial, Northeast & Louisiana Community Affairs Team.
Special Event, Associate Engagement, and Grant Making Support
- In partnership with Community Affairs and the Commercial Bank, support associates and executives in coordinating, facilitating and meeting their associate engagement needs through volunteerism, community leadership and engagement activities.
- Liaise with Community Affairs teammates to facilitate associate engagement and grant making presentations as appropriate.
- Support onsite volunteer management and nonprofit presentations where necessary to ensure high quality associate volunteer experiences, drive volunteer retention and increase awareness of our CSR work.
- Articulate the returns of CSR to internal executives and teams as appropriate.
- Represent Capital One in the community through networking and event attendance.
Program and Project Management
- Support and manage activities and special events associated with Regional Market President efforts, local CSR strategy, major sponsorship fulfillment and communications planning.
- Manage budgets and invoices related to projects and programs.
- Maintain special event calendar and project management task lists for major efforts.
- Supports Community Affairs wide project and process management initiatives as directed by manager.
The Team Member we are looking for will have:
- An authentic, optimistic, fun, innovative, resilient, collaborative and open-minded personality
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Significant organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and activities with a wide variety and volume of partners while managing change, conflicts and/or shifting priorities
- Strong EQ skills including the ability to influence and comfortably interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Project management research and analytical skills
- Strong networking skills with a talent to naturally build and maintain relationships at all levels and strategically leverage relationships appropriately
- Experience/understanding of CSR specifically corporate philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Administrative experience
- At least 1 year of project management experience OR At least 1 year of event management experience OR At least 1 year of combined experience in project & event management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Experience in the Corporate Social Responsibility field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How to Apply