Full-Time Program Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
iEARN-USA is the national member of iEARN (the International Education and Resource Network), a non-profit global network (140 + countries) that enables young people and teachers worldwide to use the Internet and other digital media to collaborate on educational projects that enhance learning and make a difference in the world.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will play a key role in supporting international student exchange programs funded by the U.S. Department of State, including the Kennedy Lugar Youth and Exchange and Study (YES) and National Security and Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y) programs. The Program Assistant will support outreach, application review, student support, alumni programming, event planning, collecting program highlights for dissemination, and maintaining websites and other virtual activities. The Assistant will communicate regularly with iEARN partner offices around the world including Bangladesh, Cameroon, India, Israel, Korea, Liberia, Mali, Morocco, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Suriname, and Taiwan to ensure delivery of program activities. The Assistant will work with country offices and program staff to submit regular reports on activities. Opportunities for professional development and collaboration with other iEARN-USA departments are regularly available.
Reporting and relationships: The Program Assistant reports to the Deputy Director of Grants & Operations and works closely with other grant team members, including the grants Program Managers, who oversee day-to-day operations for the program.
- Create and write program social media and website content;
- Support development and planning of virtual events;
- Edit and compile quarterly and monthly program reports;
- Organize logistics for orientation events and workshops including participant travel (ticketing, visas, passports, etc.), orientation sites and other face-to-face meetings;
- Support and participate in orientation and program events;
- Write weekly and monthly program communications (newsletters, highlights, emails);
- Assist with program application review and follow-up;
- Provide general program administrative assistance and support as needed;
- Conduct in-country site visits and/or act as group escort;
- Other special projects and office tasks as needed.
Capabilities and Personality Traits
- Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects and deadlines;
- Professional written and verbal communication skills;
- Keen analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities and careful attention to detail;
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside primary job description;
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills; ability to listen and engage a wide range of partners;
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment; ability to work independently on projects and assume ownership as necessary;
- Drive and passion for international education; mission driven with a positive attitude;
- Appreciation of and eagerness to work with an innovative and trailblazing youth community.
- Previous experience with event planning and/or logistics management;
- Experience supporting and communicating with diverse teams;
- Demonstrated attention to detail & organization;
- Fluency and experience using social media tools in a professional context;
- Demonstrated interest in international education (preferred);
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel (preferred);
- Bachelor’s/ Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
NON-DISCRIMINATION: iEARN USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. iEARN USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
How to Apply
Please email a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com by October 8, 2018