Full-Time Program Manager
The Girls on the Run Program Manager must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today. Girls on the NYC is a 501(c)(3) independent council of Girls on the Run International, and currently operates in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan and Queens.
The Program Manager is a full-time position and reports to the Girls on the Run NYC Executive Director. The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the Girls on the Run programs and program volunteers. Key responsibilities include:
Program Site Management
- Work with community leaders, schools and other groups to maximize Girls on the Run success including Girls on the Run 3rd-5th grade program and Heart & Sole 6th-8th grade program.
- Enforce all current site policies and procedures and generate innovation and improvement as needed.
- Oversee program data collection.
- Oversee quality program implementation including site visits.
- Be familiar with all compliance issues and policies and ensure sites are aware of and adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all new and returning sites have marketing and recruitment materials to support their efforts to increase program awareness and fill teams prior to the season’s start.
- Oversee parent communications from organization.
Coach Management and Training
- Ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches and site liaisons.
- Oversee all aspects of coach training, including Girls on the Run training, CPR & First Aid, and background checks.
- Manage year-round coach events, including mid-season and end-of-season coach gatherings.
- Manage STAR Coach program for quality support of coaches.
- Enforce all current coaching policies and procedures and generate continuous improvement.
- Oversee coach communications from organization.
- Work with Executive Director to generate and execute continuous improvements in volunteer recruitment and management, including coach retention.
- Play a key leadership role with end of season 5k events, at end of fall season and at end of spring season.
- Work with Executive Director to develop and track program budget, and forecast for future seasons and years.
- Attend and work special events for the organization and/or community events to help raise awareness of organization, or in support of a community partnership.
- Attend and work program events including site visits, info meetings, coach training and the Girls on the Run 5K. Includes some evenings and weekends.
Program Site Recruitment
- Recruit and manage new program sites.
- Develop relationships with community organizations and schools to increase and retain program sites and coaches.
- Respond to new and returning site, coach and parent inquiries in a timely, professional manner.
- Work with ED to implement the Girls on the Run strategic plan to achieve goals with respect to program growth.
- BA or BS degree.
- Understanding of Positive Youth Development programming.
- Personal passion for the mission of GOTR.
- Excellent project management, communication, collaboration and team participation skills.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Computer competence, including but not limited to: website, Microsoft Office, Data Management and email.
- Weekend and evening availability, including for coach, volunteer and fundraising events.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in youth programming.
- Non-profit experience, including volunteer management.
How to Apply
To apply for this full-time position, email your cover letter and resume with the position title “Program Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com. This position is based in the Girls on the Run NYC office at 81 Prospect Street, Brooklyn, NY. Girls on the Run NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.