Full-Time Program Manager
We believe that every student, every idea, and every startup has the possibility to do great things. To shape culture. To disrupt business. To inspire change. At Quarter Zero (QØ), we exist to propel that possibility.
QØ provides a structured, immersive, real-world learning experience for young people with a drive and curiosity to solve problems. Our students acquire practical skills and a community of like-minded peers and mentors that will propel them into a lifelong journey of entrepreneurship. We provide hands-on entrepreneurial programs through our flagship Catapult Incubator, Startup Bootcamp, and International Intensive. To date, we have worked with over 350 young entrepreneurs, 70+ ventures, and our alumni have generated over $3 million. We are significantly expanding our programming, exploring new geographic markets, and testing new opportunities.
About the Role
The Program Manager has three main responsibilities throughout the year, shifting as seasons progress. The Summer includes travel across the nation managing local teams and overseeing programming. The Spring and Fall will focus on marketing, communications, recruitment and alumni relationships. This is a role for those looking to work with outstanding young people in a high impact way.
Summer Programming Management:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Quarter Zero’s summer programs from start to finish.
- Supervise and manage local teams to ensure events are seamless.
- Ensure the ethos of Quarter Zero is properly instilled with all participants and partners during programming.
- Act as the point-of-contact for students & guardians.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and emotional intelligence are vital.
Marketing & Communications:
- Assist with and execute content marketing, digital analytics, and communication strategies
- Cultivate relationships within Quarter Zero’s existing school network (principals, teachers, etc.) as well as build new relationships.
Continued Support for Alumni:
- Develop relationships with alumni to better understand their unique needs and provide support as they continue their entrepreneurial journey
- Source and identify resources and relationships which can benefit alumni students and their ventures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-4 years of experience in programs and/or education for young people aged 14-20. Experience in alternative education field is a plus.
- Experience managing high production events of 50-100 people in a high intensity environment.
- Proven ability to communicate persuasively with diverse stakeholders.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
Quarter Zero is a fast-paced early stage company run by a small and nimble team. We work hard because we believe in our mission, but we also work smart because we believe in efficiency. We value a flat hierarchical structure and encourage our team members to actively look for opportunities where they can grow in their experience and voice their insights.
At Quarter Zero, we are committed to diversity both in our programs and in our company. We often ask our students to leverage their unique perspective to solve a problem. Similarly, we are looking for individuals who can leverage their unique backgrounds to drive greater impact and serve a diverse set of students.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong interest in startups, social impact, and youth development.
- An ability to work with a range of people from a diverse set of backgrounds (students, parents, educators, advisors, vendors, etc.).
- Ownership and self-sufficiency. We value those who can be independent, make smart decisions on the fly, and be highly adaptable.
- Humbleness & a willingness to do a range of tasks from big to small. This is a small startup so every day is different and no job is below any of us.
- A desire to see the impact of their work directly & immediately. This is not a place where you work for “the man” or are just a “cog in the wheel.”
- The appetite to work really hard with a small team and ambition to grow into future leadership positions as the company grows.
- A love for travel. This position requires frequent travel, especially during the summer months.
- A great sense of humor! We love a good laugh and a jovial spirit.
LOCATION & DATES:
Quarter Zero is headquartered in New York City, and day-to-day operations will take place in a co-working office in Manhattan. Implementing event logistics at our programming locations are a large part of this role so a love for traveling is a must! The position’s start date will be January 2018. Candidates must also be available for the entirety of programming weeks that occur in June, July, and August (more detailed calendar will be provided during the interview process).
- Benefits: Healthcare allowance & reimbursement plan, commuter benefits, and more.
- Grow With Us: You’ll be given a vast amount of responsibility & independence. We hate micromanaging and want you to take ownership.
- Close-Knit Small Team: A flat structure, annual retreats, team activities, and open feedback make for a happy work environment.
- Flexible Vacation Culture: We recognize that rest is important so we don’t have a culture of nitpicking exact days.
- Remote-Friendly: Whether it’s working from home when the weather is terrible or working from your hometown-home to visit your family.
- Social Impact: We operate as a social enterprise and love that our work impacts the next generation of entrepreneurs & startups.
NOTE: Due to the close proximity to minors, candidates being considered for the position will be required to pass a criminal background check during the interview process.
How to Apply
Please email JoinOurTeam@QuarterZero.com with your cover letter (300 words max) and resume to apply to this role.