Full-Time Recruitment Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At Uncommon Schools, we believe that without great teachers, nothing else matters. The Recruitment Coordinator plays a critical role in supporting the outreach and selection work designed to attract and hire talented, mission-driven teachers and staff members to work in Brooklyn schools. He or she will assist in building and maintaining systems and procedures for hiring as well as supporting key team administration functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Directors of Recruitment and Associate Directors of Recruitment in developing and implementing a well-coordinated and effective approach to recruiting and hiring teachers and other employees in Brooklyn.
- Demonstrates and communicates to candidates about Uncommon, what it is like to work in our organization, and why they should consider joining us.
- Supports the candidate interview process.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with candidates.
- Reviews applications, resumes and conducts phone screens and reference checks.
- Coordinates and prepares materials for immersion days and interviews in collaboration with school leaders and Associate Directors of Recruitment.
- Supports outreach efforts to inform candidates about opportunities across our schools and build candidate pipeline.
- Posts job descriptions on all relevant platforms.
- Collects and sends materials to outreach events.
- Attends career fairs and other outreach events as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to present effectively and persuasively.
- Relationship-building and relationship management skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to recruitment-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
How to Apply
Apply online: http://www.uncommonschools.org/careers