Full-Time Regional Manager
About Blue State Coffee
Blue State Coffee is a growing socially conscious retail coffee business. We have eight stores across New England — in New Haven, CT; Hartford, CT: Providence, RI; Boston, MA — as well as a central kitchen and coffee roasting facility in Hartford, CT.
The company mission is to “reflect, improve, and inspire our communities.” We fulfill this mission by donating 2% of sales to local non-profit organizations, sourcing fairly traded coffee, and offering recyclable products, among other practices.
Our goal for the next few years is to grow Blue State Coffee into a regional brand, with at least ten stores across our existing markets.
The Regional Manager of Blue State Coffee provides comprehensive coaching and operational support to the managers of our cafes, currently located in New Haven, Hartford, Providence, and Boston. This person is responsible for ensuring excellent cafe management and will focus on customer service, staff training, organization, inventory control, and equipment maintenance, among other things. The Regional Manager must be a critical thinker who can problem solve and utilize systems.
The Regional Manager reports directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coach and supervise cafe managers in customer service, staffing, training, store efficiency, and day to day cafe operations
- Train new cafe managers
- Serve as a liaison between cafe managers and the CEO
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair with service providers
- Ensure excellent cafe appearance, cleanliness, and upkeep
- Ensure health and safety protocols comply with state and federal regulations
- Analyze sales trends and track deadlines, tasks, and special events to optimize staffing and ordering
- Review cafe managers’ administrative documentation (e.g., schedules, orders, staff reports) and cash management
- Institute protocols and improve systems to increase cafe sales
- Implement company initiatives as required by the CEO
- Ensure fulfillment of the company’s mission
- 3-5 years managerial experience in the foodservice industry
- Experience in the specialty coffee industry (highly preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict among managers, staff, and customers
- Availability to field calls and provide support to managers during cafe hours
- Ability to perform physical tasks, such as moving boxes or organizing shelving as needed
- Must have a valid license and be able to make trips as needed between New Haven, Hartford, Boston, and Providence (company vehicle provided)
- Must be based in the Hartford or New Haven metro areas
Salary is commensurate with managerial experience and competitive wages in the specialty coffee industry. We also offer generous health insurance plans and unlimited coffee. Company vehicle will be provided.
How to Apply
Submit both a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you would be a good fit, to be considered for this position. We will contact only those we wish to interview.