Full-Time Research and Policy Associate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Frontier Group hires college graduates into two-year associate positions. Associates split their time between policy analysis work with Frontier Group and a program of intensive training and hands-on experience in public interest advocacy and organizing conducted in partnership with the Public Interest Network. Associates in their first year spend about half their time working on policy analysis and writing with Frontier Group, increasing to about 75 percent in their second year. Upon successful completion of the two-year program, the associate will be eligible for a policy analyst position within Frontier Group, or may choose to be considered for a leadership role with one of our partner organizations.
A Frontier Group Policy Associate’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualizing and writing compelling reports on social problems and their solutions using a variety of methodologies including literature reviews and data analysis.
- Helping advocates in the fieldcraft a message that will change minds, spur action and generate media attention.
- Collaborating with partner organizations to design and implement report ideas and to maximize distribution of our product.
- Writing op-eds, blog entries and journal articles that insert our findings into the public debate.
- Participating in trainings, presentations and panels.
- Learning the skills of canvassing and managing a fundraising operation, and running a canvass office for a partner organization during the summer months.
- Learning recruiting skills and applying them to job recruitment drives for graduating college seniors seeking careers in social change.
We are looking for skilled candidates with a demonstrated commitment to social change and an appreciation of the importance of political organizing. Candidates should have excellent writing skills, a problem-solving orientation, the ability to thrive under deadlines, and the ability to think critically and present persuasive arguments. We’re looking for individuals with a track record of academic success and proven leadership ability. Familiarity with quantitative analysis is a plus; as is experience in debate, public speaking, journalism, political campaigning, fundraising, and/or grassroots political organizing
Target annual compensation is $26,500 in the first year. Frontier Group offers a competitive benefits package.
Denver, CO, Santa Barbara, CA or Boston, MA
Apply online: https://bit.ly/2rgJsYm
Please include a list of references in your cover letter document. If we are interested in your application after reviewing your resume and cover letter, we will send you an email asking you to submit a writing sample and complete a brief questionnaire.
Things to know when you apply
Frontier Group is part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Frontier Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.