Full-Time Rwanda Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
One Acre Fund works to make African smallholder farmers more prosperous. We supply everything farmers need to grow more food and earn more income. We deliver quality farm supplies on credit, deep in rural areas, and training to improve farmers’ harvests. We currently serve 600,000 clients in six countries across Eastern and Southern Africa, and we aim to reach 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund, known as TUBURA in Rwanda, partners with the government to deliver agricultural extension services to farmers in every village nationwide. Our headquarters is in Rubengera, with a small office in Kigali.
We are seeking a smart, dedicated and analytical M&E or field research professional to be an M&E Associate in Rubengera, Rwanda. The M&E Associate will be responsible for using data to continually improve our operations and impact on our customers, developing a key deputy, and coordinating the M&E activities among multiple programs and different teams within the organization. Moreover, this role will contribute to make informed and strategic decisions for the long term strategy (e.g. 5-year strategy and planning) by closely working with the Rwanda leadership and the program team.
The M&E department at One Acre Fund operates like an in-house research department and the results are used first and foremost to inform program decision-making and to rigorously understand the impact.
The responsibilities of the M&E Associate include:
- Goal–oriented survey design, field-testing of survey instruments, and revision.
- Innovate to ensure efficient and action-oriented data collection and results.
- Conduct data analysis and write reports to draw both early and final conclusions and actionable results.
- Work closely with the Field teams to ensure the M&E results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
- Supervision of local M&E management including Field Coordinator, M&E Specialist and Data Manager which support a team of ~ 70 full-time enumerators.
- Regular mentorship of M&E managers through field visits, meetings, and career reviews.
- Develop M&E Specialist’s capacity with a thorough training program and close supervision
- In–field supervision of key M&E activities, with an eye to “perfect” quality standard.
- Quality–control and supervision of data collection processes.
- Overseeing In–field follow–up on errors.
- Oversee the hiring and development of M&E staff.
- Update hiring protocols when necessary, and use them to hire top–quality data collectors.
- Conduct regular training to improve skills of data collectors.
- Shape organizational strategy in cooperation with the leadership and the program team based on the M&E results.
- Coordinate M&E tasks with the Government Extension team in order to ensure its design and methodology are in align with the core M&E work.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3-5+ years of agriculture or rural development research extension experience, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong and relevant academic, or professional experiences, such as prior field–based M&E or data collection, designing and implementing evaluations/research and analyzing findings.
- Masters degrees in Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or related field study strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability/training experience to build staff capacity.
- Solid quantitative skills and experience with statistical software (STATA strongly preferred)
- Ability to multitask well and meet deadlines consistently
- Logical and structured thinker with a clear and compelling written communication style.
- Strong organizational, coordination skill-set.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning and growth, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long–term, career–track role.
- Language: English required. Other notable and useful languages are Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, and French.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room, and board.
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
East Africans highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://grnh.se/6ec86e181