Full-Time Senior Accountant
The accountant is a key position at Nomi Network, reporting to the COO. The accountant has the overall responsibility for accounts & bookkeeping, financial management, reporting, compliance, payroll management, overall support to operations, annual audit and ensuring that the finance and administration team is client-focused and client-responsive.
The accountant will work closely with the COO based in New York, NY and CFO based in San Francisco, CA.
About the Organization:
Nomi Network is a vital non-profit economic development agency fighting human trafficking in India and Cambodia. We provide training and job opportunities for survivors and women at risk of human trafficking, workforce, and community development services in areas where human trafficking is prevalent, and products made by survivors and women at risk of human trafficking for brands aiming to develop a more ethical and transparent supply chain. Nomi Network’s vision is a world without slavery where every woman can know her full potential. Our mission is to create economic opportunities for survivors and women at risk of human trafficking by equipping them with leadership, entrepreneurship, and production skills to become financially independent.
Nomi Network is a fast paced, rapid-growth social enterprise that excels in public, private partnerships. Nomi Network and its leadership have been recognized by prestigious institutions and partners, from the Rockefeller Foundation, the Bush Center, the Clinton Foundation, the UN, the State Department, to developing influential relationships with brands like Sephora, Patagonia, Walmart, and Michael Stars.
- Timely maintenance of the books of accounts, preparation of accounts and financial statements on a monthly basis. Send the required management reports on time. (Including a monthly key performance indicator table)
- Implement and follow a process-oriented approach to maintenance of various books of accounts, ensure accuracy of monthly reconciliation of general ledger and accounts.
- Ensure strict application and compliance of company’s financial management policies, procedures & controls. Ensure regulatory compliance and timely payment of various taxes and reporting.
- Timely preparation of payroll and adherence to required HR policies and regulatory requirements. Administer and manage payroll and employee benefits.
- Manage the audit process. Organize, coordinate and provide various documents for audit.
- Develop a sound understanding of the Core IT systems being used for managing day-to-day operations. Ensure timely updating of client and operational data.
- Timely invoicing, management of travel expenses and timesheet allocation to projects.
- Plan and manage Nomi Network budgets, finances, and banking accounts. Maintain a monthly liquidity statement.
- Assist the Executive Director and Director of Strategic Partnerships in donor-related reporting and creating financial reports/budgets for funding proposals.
- Maintain, safeguard and facilitate updating of all HR personnel files. Ensure compliance with labor laws. Assist the COO in updating personnel policies as and when needed.
- Ensure effective use and management of Nomi Network assets and strict compliance of related policies.
- Manage the competitive procurement process for all relevant purchases.
- Managing monthly and annual inventory reconciliation alongside the COO and Sales Manager
- CPA, MA in accounting
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience working as an accountant
- Deep knowledge using QuickBooks Online accounting software
- Must have experience handling all aspects of accounting
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently
- Must be flexible with working hours to communicate with offices overseas
- Commitment to Nomi Network values
- Knowledge of Shopify
- Knowledge of Inventory Management
How to Apply
How To Apply We are hiring on a rolling basis. Please send:
- A succinct cover letter (required). Candidates who don’t include a cover letter will not be considered.
- A résumé (required). No more than 2 pages in length.
- A video (optional) with minimum length 2 minutes in which you will answer the question: “What makes me a perfect fit for the accountant role with Nomi Network?”