Full-Time Senior Analyst to the President
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
One Acre Fund is looking for an exceptional professional to join our Business Development team as the organization continues an exciting period of fast growth and high impact. One Acre Fund aspires to be the world’s largest and most impactful non-profit organization. To a large extent, the future growth of One Acre Fund in the next ten years will hinge on our ability to mobilize resources and put them in service to rural farmers.
We will raise over $50 million in 2018, becoming one of just a few hundred nonprofits founded in the past few decades to achieve this milestone, and in doing so, fuel our field program to end chronic hunger for at least 700,000 farm families with over 2.5 million children. One Acre Fund’s unique model matches $1 of raised revenue with $3-4 of farmer revenue in our core program; fundraising also supports innovation and corporate expenses.
This role will begin as Sr. Analyst and report directly to a Relationship Manager and the President of One Acre Fund, USA. This position is tailored for those who wish to accelerate their early career in fundraising. Given the President is our lead fundraiser this team member will not only improve their networking, prospecting, closing, and stewarding donors skills, but gradually gain meeting exposure to the most influential philanthropists, funding organizations, and development actors on the global stage.
The Sr. Analyst will support the President in building and stewarding a pipeline of largely public donors (both individual governments and multilaterals) predominantly located in North America and Europe; but also individual and institutional donors globally. We are seeking someone with excellent external communication skills and who is a structured, proactive doer. The candidate should be a highly organized team player ready to work with our writing, finance, and compliance teams to manage new and existing grants. Initial responsibilities will include:
~60% of time:
- Research and writing: Support the President of One Acre Fund, USA with in-depth research and writing tasks. These tasks will include writing briefs on potential new donor groups to pursue, performing research on strategic speaking opportunities for One Acre Fund staff, and drafting and assembling materials for donor meetings.
- Analysis: Support the President of One Acre Fund, USA with on-going donor pipeline support and reporting (both internally and externally). For example, a series of projects could include: benchmarking our public funding level of efforts against peer nonprofits or analyzing incoming deals to the pipeline as to whether we should proceed or not.
- Presentation development: The Sr. Analyst will help the President of One Acre Fund USA assemble a variety of presentations – for the top social entrepreneurship conferences, global foundation and bilateral funder pitches, etc. The Sr. Analyst will work hand-in-hand with the Relationship Manager and President of One Acre Fund, USA to create a storyline, conduct research and analysis, and compose a compelling set of materials.
~40% of time:
- General administrative support: The Sr. Analyst will be tasked with providing general administrative support to the President of One Acre Fund, USA including managing correspondence, internal systems compliance (with tools such as Salesforce), calendars, travel arrangements, and meeting and interview logistics.
Within 1-2 years, and based on experience, duties will be expanded to include, ~10% or more of time:
- New lead development and relationship building: Interact with some of the most thoughtful and forward-looking funders in the international development arena to grow One Acre Fund’s funding.
- Strategy and partnerships: Increasingly, our funding arrangements are strategic partnerships with the world’s major institutional funders, crafted around objectives that align with One Acre Fund’s long-term strategy. The Sr. Analyst will help craft the strategy around these funding agreements. For example, our grant from the Gates Foundation aims to create a long-term platform for agricultural research and innovations that can scale to impact hundreds of thousands of smallholder farmers.
- Spokesperson for our farmers: One Acre Fund is increasingly contributing to global discussions around agricultural development, and the Sr. Analyst may eventually serve as a spokesperson for the organization, attending and presenting at events.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We truly believe this position will set up those interested in a fundraising career with the necessary skills, connections, and experiences to excel. A major benefit of this position is working directly with an accomplished fundraiser and supporting directly meetings with the most influential philanthropists, funding organizations, and development actors on the global stage.
This role is intended to evolve into a Manager role on the team. The ideal candidate will have a strong ambition to build a career in global development fundraising and build their network within a large, high-performing team. However, because the role will involve deep immersion into all aspects of fund development, some prior fundraising experience is essential (regardless of the type of organization and/or donor segment).
We are seeking a unique professional with 2-4 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for business development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Likely holds an undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, communications, business, and/or international development/policy subjects;
- Speaks the language of business and non-profits/social enterprises. Our donors are looking for someone with business fluency (communicates in financial sustainability, return on investment, impact per donor dollar, etc.).
- Business development/fundraising or similar professional services experience with executive/management support preferred.
- Passion for and demonstrated experience in international development or the social sector more broadly. We really are looking to develop this person’s abiding commitment to our values of humbly serving farmers.
- Values fit. We put a high premium on values. We want someone who has a true service orientation and humility – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.
- Strong interpersonal skills and people-orientation. We do not need an extreme extrovert, but we are seeking someone who wants to spend their day building relationships with people by pursuing referrals, attending conferences and networking events, etc. These skills will be critical as a major professional development benefit to this position is gradually participating directly in meetings with the most influential philanthropists, funding organizations, and development actors on the global stage.
- Willingness to travel. This role will have approximately 10-20 nights per year of travel, half or more international. The travel commitment may diminish as we hire suitable staff in other continents, and dates of travel are highly flexible.
- Language: English required.
PREFERRED START DATE
Washington DC or NYC strongly preferred. Other major American or European cities, considered.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
Health insurance in our group plan, 401k contributions, education savings contributions, flexible work environment, strong maternity/paternity benefits, sabbatical policy, and others
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
How to Apply
Please visit the following page: https://grnh.se/6ob25aey1