Full-Time Senior Associate, Nonprofit Engagement
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Associate, Nonprofit Engagement strengthens our relationships with nonprofit members, pulls new nonprofits to Catchafire, and acts as a nonprofit subject matter expert. You will do this in several ways: (1) help to onboard our nonprofit grantees (2) support our Foundation Accounts team by facilitating and leading community events and cultivating relationships with our nonprofits (3) supporting the Engagement team by tracking and reporting the impact of events and activities.
- Manage event logistics for the team including planning, execution and follow-up
- Assist with and run nonprofit onboarding events to introduce new users to Catchafire
- Identify and cultivate relationships with high performing nonprofit leaders in our community to leverage for case studies, speaking engagements and feedback
- Represent Catchafire at conferences and events
- Track, analyze, and report on impact metrics of Nonprofit Engagement activities and events
- Assist with invitation, messaging and follow-up for educational events and webinars
- Write stories, case studies and impact reports about our nonprofits’ success
- Up to 20% travel time required
- Structured thinker: You are naturally efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once.
- Effective relationship builder: You are able to build and sustain relationships, and you are relatable to a range of audiences, from senior management to employees. You can connect dots to benefit Catchafire’s larger vision. Your passion for Catchafire is clear to those who hear you speak.
- Effective presenter: You don’t fear speaking publicly, and can control a room. You inspire confidence in others as a credible expert when you speak, and people will want to network with you when your talk is over.
- Effective working across teams: You are able to effectively advocate on nonprofits’ behalf to internal stakeholders who may not interact with end users. You are a creative and strategic thinker, and able to wear different “hats” depending on who you are meeting with.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in and an understanding of the nonprofit sector and its challenges
- Experience building community and engaging others
- Comfort with public speaking and facilitation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
It would be great if you had:
- Startup life experience
- Excel skills
- Public Speaking
How to Apply
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify "Senior Associate, Nonprofit Engagement" in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What special power would you bring to this role? This position is based in New York City.