Full-Time Senior Director of Recruitment
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF RECRUITMENT
NEW YORK, NY
The Senior Director of Recruitment oversees outreach and selection efforts to bring the best possible talent to our strong, growing 2100-person organization. At Uncommon Schools, we believe that without great people, nothing else matters. As the Senior Director of Recruitment, you will:
- Partner closely with senior leaders, school leaders, and Recruitment team directors to recruit and hire a talented and diverse staff across Uncommon’s schools, regions, and Home Office.
- Lead a talented group of 21 Recruitment professionals that are responsible for talent roles across Uncommon, ranging from teachers to school leadership, school operational staff and Home Office roles.
The Senior Director of Recruitment reports to the Chief Talent Officer.
- Directly manage Director of Recruitment (Outreach) and Director of Recruitment (Selection) and coach/oversee a 21-person team to recruit and hire Uncommon teachers, leaders and staff for our schools, regional, and Home Office teams
- Grow and develop members of the Recruitment Leadership team and the team at-large through check-ins, feedback, and team meetings
- Create a strong and positive team culture
- Lead organizational talent acquisition vision, strategy and implementation, informed heavily by evaluation of our data and identification of internal and external best practices
- Partner with senior leaders across Uncommon’s schools, regions and Home Office to understand and forecast talent needs
- Drive communication of Recruitment initiatives and outcomes to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Ensure strong systems for collecting, monitoring and adjusting key metrics for recruitment-related data
- Work closely with Director of Outreach to oversee sourcing efforts
- Generate new approaches and strategies to identifying high-quality sources for top talent.
- Develop high-quality, diverse pipelines of candidates by leveraging a variety of sourcing strategies, including online job search and networking sites, Uncommon’s Summer Teaching Fellowship, Uncommon’s Instructional and Operations fellowships, building strategic partnerships, utilizing social media, and networking.
- Work closely with Director of Selection to oversee selection efforts
- Build strong partnerships with school and regional leaders to lead efficient and effective selection processes for school-based roles
- Assess current selection process to ensure it is maximally efficient and effective
- Collaborate closely with regional and school leadership, as well as with other Home Office teams in service of effective recruitment experiences and outcomes
- Oversee work with instructional and operational leadership at the region and school level to ensure strong partnerships, feedback and communication
- Work with Marketing to ensure advertising strategies, brand awareness, and social media
- Work with Marketing, Talent Development, and HR to ensure a strong brand and consistent staff experience across roles for onboarding, development, etc.
- Work with the Diversity team to increase the number of teachers and leaders of color through the Summer Teaching Fellowship and other diversity initiatives
- Work with Data Analytics to apply data-related expertise to recruitment reporting, projections and analysis
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Exceptional and creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to disaggregate problems and structure complex issues
- Outstanding organization and project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage the small details
- Strong relationship-building and influence skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team management and people development skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic approach to one’s work
- Driven to improve and very receptive to feedback
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative as well as to work collaboratively
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in business, education, public policy or related field preferred
- 6+ years of experience with developing and executing talent sourcing and selection strategies
- Demonstrated history of managing teams to achieve high performance targets and experience building strong relationships with a broad stakeholder base
- Track record of success for sourcing high-quality candidates for traditionally hard-to-fill positions
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive strategy
- Deep experience with marketing or online sourcing strategies preferred
- Previous experience or strong, demonstrated interest in K-12 public education preferred
How to Apply
Apply online here