Full-Time Senior Manager of Recruitment and Selection
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Senior Manager of Recruitment and Selection. The ideal candidate is a talented, high-energy recruiter, with experience working in a fast-paced and growing non-profit. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to school, youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization.
Like all DREAM employees, the Senior Manager of Recruitment and Selection should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of all full-time and part-time staff and volunteers at DREAM;
- Lead some director and support executive level searches from design to hire in partnership with hiring managers and the Chief Talent Officer;
- In collaboration with the recruitment and selection team, design and implement annual recruitment plans and oversee the recruitment and selection of all full-time roles.
- Collaborate with other leaders on the team to drive strategy for part-time and volunteer roles;
- In collaboration with our communications team, create and lead an omni-channel marketing plan that leverages DREAM’s brand and current talent as well as advertising to attract diverse, mission-aligned talent;
- Uphold DREAM’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace by applying culturally competent, diversity-minded, and unbiased approaches to recruitment practices;
- Serve as a member of the Diversity and Inclusion committee and leaded related initiatives;
- Identify and attend local and national recruitment events to source candidates and boost the brand of DREAM;
- Collaborate with Talent Leadership and hiring managers to consistently improve the quality of hires and search processes;
- Increase our organizational Management team’s engagement with recruiting talent by building their professional networks and creating tools to solicit referrals;
- Ensure the organization has top quality job candidates by building strong referral and partnership networks and cultivating relationships with potential future candidates;
- Manage external recruitment partners and build new partnerships to support organizational initiatives, as needed;
- Ensure applicants have interviews and early experiences at DREAM which are high quality and reflective of the organization’s culture;
- Manage and oversee the successful maintenance of the applicant tracking system, related trackers, and the digital interview platform;
- Evaluate applicant fit for DREAM by screening resumes, conducting phone screens and reference checks and training the recruitment team in these areas;
- Provide coaching and support to leaders around hiring and retention initiatives;
- Lead team of Recruitment and Selection staff on meeting aggressive deadlines for all open positions while ensuring top of the line customer service to all potential employees and internal stakeholders;
- Motivate, coach, and manage the recruitment and selection team to ensure professional growth and attainment of team-wide and individual goals;
- Provide support to the Chief Talent Officer with the implementation of crucial organizational processes when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, required; Master’s degree in a related field, a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and build strong relationships to enhance work practices and support the achievement of goals;
- Exhibits a strong ability to build and carry a diversity of relationships over time and motivate a team to achieve its objectives;
- Previous recruitment and hiring experience for a school or other education focused program preferred;
- Maintains strong follow-through and persistence in finding the appropriate candidates for roles;
- High energy individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to lead and take initiative, maintain flexibility, and creatively solve problems;
- Flexible, collaborative, team-player;
- Experience in schools and youth based organizations, a plus;
- A deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity, and fun.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter at the application here.