Full-Time Service Learning Program Coordinator
Title: Service Learning Program Coordinator
Report to: Program Director
Location: Bridgeport, CT
FLSA: Full Time/Exempt
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday; Monday-Friday outside academic year
How to apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: CTjobs@buildon.org
Overview of the Organization
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through service and education. In the United States, buildOn runs intensive service learning programs in 40 under-resourced, urban high schools in seven major cities. Through these programs, buildOn empowers youth to transform their communities through service. Over the last 26 years, 100,000 youth have contributed more than 2.0 million hours of service and touched the lives of more than 1.0 million people living below the poverty line. 97% of these students graduate high school even though more than 40% of kids going to the same schools drop out. Teams of youth from our urban programs also fan out across the world to help build schools in the economically poorest countries on the planet. We have now built over 1,200 schools in Mali, Malawi, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Nicaragua and Nepal. Community members from every village where we build have contributed over 2.0 million volunteer work days to build these schools.
Overview of the Role
The Service Learning Program Coordinator leads all activities of buildOn’s Service Learning Program at one to two partner high schools to drive student outcomes and achieve KPI targets. In doing so, the Service Learning Program Coordinator partners closely with school personnel and local community partners to develop excellent service opportunities for students. The Service Learning Program Coordinator works closely with colleagues to plan and execute regional program events. The Service Learning Program Coordinator also leads recruitment and support of students for Trek for Knowledge and supports student involvement with special events, initiatives, and fund development opportunities in collaboration with other departments.
- Lead all activities to drive student outcomes through quality Service Learning Programs at partner school(s).
- Develop the buildOn movement by achieving Key Performance Indicator targets to engage 150 students weekly to contribute 975 service hours and gain 150 education hours monthly.
- Input accurate and complete data on-time through Salesforce.
- Establish, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships including with school advisors, administrators, faculty, and support staff, and local community partners.
- Lead recruitment for Trek for Knowledge and support students to participate in the complete Trek experience.
- Lead and support the planning and execution of all regional events, including Service Kick Off, Regional Service Projects, and other large-scale events.
- Support collaboration with Development team around fund development opportunities, including the Corporate Partnership Program.
- Support collaboration with Marketing team and involvement of students as part of special events and external communications to elevate student voice.
- Manage the individual program budget(s) including fund reconciliation, expense reporting, and ongoing tracking (if leading non-Youth Engagement Zone).
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Personal commitment to buildOn’s mission – the power of service to change lives, communities, and the world
- buildOn Alumni preferred.
- Committed to buildOn’s core values of empowerment, responsibility, and compassion
- Extensive experience leading and/or participating in service learning (1-2 years)
- Experience working in mission-centered nonprofit programs
- Track record of professional and personal achievement
- Invested in continual growth and learning through ongoing discovery, planning and execution, and reflection
- Excellent skills to build relationships with students, school faculty and staff, and community partners
- Organized and disciplined with time to effectively accomplish multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communicator
- Driven to achieve goals
- Excel to adapt in dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Functional knowledge of regional school district(s) and educational and nonprofit landscape
- Extensive experience living and/or working in underserved communities
- Relevant educational background (Bachelor’s degree required)
buildOn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildon.org
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: CTjobs@buildon.org