Full-Time Service Learning Program Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Overview of the Role
The Service Learning Program Coordinator leads all activities of buildOn’s Service Learning Program at one to two partner high schools to achieve KPI targets to drive student outcomes. In doing so, the Service Learning Program Coordinator partners closely with buildOn staff, school personnel, and local community partners to develop excellent service opportunities for students. The Service Learning Program Coordinator works closely with colleagues to plan and execute regional program events. The Service Learning Program Coordinator also leads recruitment and support of students for Trek and supports student involvement with immersions, special events, and fund development opportunities in collaboration with other departments.
- Lead all activities to drive student outcomes through quality Service Learning Programs at partner school(s).
- Develop the buildOn movement by achieving Key Performance Indicator targets to engage 300 students to contribute 975 service hours and gain 1,200 total service learning hours every month.
- Input accurate and complete data on-time through Salesforce.
- Establish, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships including with school advisors, administrators, faculty, and support staff, and local community partners.
- Lead recruitment for Trek and support students to participate in the complete Trek experience.
- Lead and support the planning and execution of all regional events, including Service Kick Off, Citywide Service, Celebrate buildOn, and other large-scale events.
- Support collaboration with Immersions team around immersive experiences, including 36 Hours and Partnership Program.
- Support collaboration with Development and Marketing teams around fund development opportunities, special events, and external communications to elevate student voice.
- Support collaboration with Marketing team and involvement of students as part of special events and external communications to elevate student voice.
- Track individual program expenses, including petty cash reconciliation and personal reimbursement requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Personal commitment to buildOn’s mission – the power of service to change lives, communities, and the world
- buildOn Alumni preferred (indicate buildOn Alumni status in the application, if applicable)
- Committed to buildOn’s core values of empowerment, responsibility, and compassion
- Extensive experience living and/or working in underserved communities
- Extensive experience leading and/or participating in service learning (1-2 years)
- Experience working in mission-centered nonprofit programs
- Track record of professional and personal achievement
- Invested in continual growth and learning through ongoing discovery, planning and execution, and reflection
- Excellent skills to build relationships with students, school faculty and staff, and community partners
- Organized and disciplined with time to effectively accomplish multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communicator
- Driven to achieve goals
- Excel to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Functional knowledge of regional school district(s) and educational and nonprofit landscape
- Relevant educational background (Bachelor’s degree required)
buildOn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildon.org
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to CTjobs@buildon.org