Full-Time Special Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer
New York City
The Special Assistant supports the Chief Operating Officer in areas such as special projects and reports, calendar management and scheduling, correspondence, travel logistics, data management, presentations, preparing for and reporting on meetings, strategic initiatives, and other special events and duties as needed. The Special Assistant will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and works closely with the Chief Operating Officer, school Principals, Directors of Operations, Chief Schools Officers, other COOs, the Brooklyn Regional team, and Uncommon Home Office Directors. Open position is based in Brooklyn; occasional travel between Brooklyn-Manhattan will be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect school performance information and create data presentations and dashboards.
- Create PowerPoints and other presentations for executive team meetings, Board meetings, and COO professional development presentations.
- Hold COO and others accountable for addressing priorities, following through on next steps, and ensuring progress to deadlines.
- Provide comprehensive support for leadership team meetings, staff retreats, and speaking engagements. Prepare meeting agendas, develop content, and attend meetings to record follow-up assignments of COO and others.
- Manage the COO’s calendar, arrange meetings and conference calls, and maximize efficiency.
- Make travel arrangements, manage COO reimbursements, and provide materials for off-site meetings.
- Manage special school, regional, and Uncommon-wide projects.
- Perform various administrative and other related duties as required and assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Works closely with all levels of the organization, especially the Chief Operating Officer, school-based Directors of Operations, and Associate COOs
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Uncommon Schools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Skilled at building and managing relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ability to learn quickly and respond to feedback.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work independently as well as take direction as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail and follow through within demanding timelines.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree.