Full-Time Special Projects Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here.
The Special Projects Coordinators plays a central role in ensuring their campus has effective and orderly school systems. Project work ranges from data analysis related to student performance and operational systems efficiency, to student recruitment, after-school enrichment, Finance, technology, grant authorization, and more. In addition to maintaining the school’s administrative systems and routines, the Special Projects Coordinator interacts with a wide variety of constituents and must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, families, trustees, donors, and visitors. The Special Projects Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Operations. The Special Projects Coordinator is an entry-level position on our school operations team, and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access;
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently;
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members;
- Enjoys working with children of all ages;
- Detailed-oriented, strong follow-through skills;
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Prior project planning experience preferred;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities; relentless commitment to the mission of educating urban students;
- Bachelor’s degree required.