Internship Strategic Communications & Outreach Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Shared Value Media (SVM) is looking for an intern who is passionate about working with local community partners to affect change. The ideal candidate is smart, curious, empathetic, a good writer and looking to work with a company that embodies their values. A resume of hard work and analytical thinking will outweigh relevant experience in our decision process.
Shared Value Media is a communications firm focused on communities. We specialize in driving individuals and businesses to social programs, events, and educational materials. We have clients in the public and private sector, with projects ranging from the oversight and implementation of corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives to working with city agencies to drive engagement in early literacy programs, health resources, small business growth support, intentional hiring programs, etc.
Shared Value Media helps our clients identify the right coalition of community partners and supports the outreach efforts of these partners. On behalf of our clients, we work with nonprofits, faith-based institutions, schools, community spaces, chambers of commerce, business improvement districts, and many others. SVM also offers data-led tracking so our partners and clients understand the real-time impact of their efforts.
- Learn about and participate in the development of community outreach strategies for municipal, nonprofit and for-profit clients
- Help research and support local nonprofit relationships
- Support the execution of local marketing campaigns, including the development of emails, social media posts, flyers, etc.
- Assist in writing copy for creative content
- Conduct research to support new business efforts
- Work hard, learn enthusiastically, and enjoy both the product and impact of your work
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism or related field with a strong GPA
- Quality writing samples
- Involvement in extra curricular activities
- Strong organizational skills
Willingness to work both independently and in collaboration with a team, following strategic direction, responding to inquiries, requests and or marketing needs in a timely and professional manner. In addition, photoshop experience would be icing on the cake.
The compensation is $15 an hour. Expected 40 hours/week in our New York office (Metro Area). Work remotely on average two days/week.
Ideal start date is May 2019.
How to Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com using “Strategic Communications & Outreach Intern” as the subject line. Please include a cover letter and resume.