Full-Time Strategic Partnerships Manager
Strategic Partnerships Manager | The Chasing Coral Campaign
Job term: Full‐time. Initial one-year contract with the opportunity to extend.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: May 1st, 2017 (negotiable)
Location: Location flexible. Exposure Labs HQ Boulder, CO or remote. We are open to candidates based anywhere in the United States.
Closing date: March 31st, 2017.
About Exposure Labs
Exposure Labs is the team behind the Academy Award-nominated film Chasing Ice. Founded by Director Jeff Orlowski in 2009, Exposure Labs is dedicated to impact through film, and strives to tackle projects of environmental, social, and political importance.
We are currently looking to fill several roles on our impact team for our latest feature film, Chasing Coral. Premiering at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and taking home the Audience Award, the film continues the conversation begun with Chasing Ice, shifting focus to one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet: coral reefs.
Our campaign aims to make a big splash (pun intended!) and capture the opportunity around Chasing Coral’s worldwide release on Netflix. With the film at the center, our goal is to strengthen local movements advancing climate solutions across the United States.
We believe passionately in the power of storytelling to change the world.
We engage everyone with respect and humility. We approach conversations with an open mind, recognizing the need to unite not divide people around the challenges we face.
We are a small (but growing!) team. Our culture is fast-paced and intense — and also close-knit and collaborative. We work flexible hours with the energy of a start-up. We value big ideas and creative thinking. We love working with good people who have a positive attitude and friendly spirit.
If you are looking for a structured 9-5 job, then Exposure Labs might not be the best home for you. But if you’re looking for a fun, energizing, and rewarding work environment that will push you every single day, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to Exposure Lab’s Director of Impact, the Strategic Partnerships Manager will:
- Initiate, manage, and grow strategic, high-level partnerships and coalitions.
- Manage research, strategy and design for Exposure Lab’s targeted campaigns, setting up for maximum impact.
- Execute ongoing market research studies and pilot programs to identify high ROI opportunities.
- Coordinate a national team of field staff, local contractors, volunteers and grassroots partners.
- Manage events and assist with coordination support.
- Assist in building organizational capacity through regular reporting and systemized data tracking.
- Represent Exposure Labs at a variety of events, screenings, and receptions.
- You are an excellent communicator. Speaking and writing skills are integral to success in this role.
- You are a relationship builder. You love meeting new people, and have experience discussing complex topics with many different kinds of people.
- You think strategically. You enjoy thinking about problems through an analytical lens, think ahead, and can connect smaller pieces to the bigger picture.
- You are a builder. Creating things from scratch excites you—whether it’s a multi‐year strategy or a newsletter template.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude. You’re a positive team player, open, proactive and a great sense of humor.
- You have a reliable work ethic. You execute on projects and anticipate needs of fellow team members even before being asked.
- You have an eye for detail. You’re able to easily spot mistakes and avoid making them. You inspire others with your commitment to excellence.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with research, campaigns, partnership building or community organizing.
- An understanding of the issues surrounding climate change, ocean science, and climate solutions.
- Existing relationships in the climate, community organizing, and political campaign space.
- Experience with film, media, advertising, marketing, and/or political campaigning.
- Advanced degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Environmental Science or a related field.
How to Apply
Application Process: Please submit your resume and cover letter via email. Make sure it has the subject line “SPM: Your Name" to email@example.com. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You will, however, receive an email confirmation acknowledging receipt of your online application. For selected candidates, our application process will include an initial Skype interview, a micro-assignment and final interview. Exposure Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants on the basis of merit regardless of their race, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.