Full-Time Talent Acquisition Specialist/HR Generalist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Educational Alliance, a 127 year old New York institution, is a vibrant, dynamic organization serving New Yorkers from all walks of life. We serve everyone regardless of the language they speak, where they come from, or their socioeconomic status. We believe that everyone should have a chance to live a better life and that arts and culture, education, health and wellness, and social services can help lay that foundation.
Competitive Salary Paid Holidays, Floating Holidays and Personal Days
Comprehensive Health Insurance Free Gym Membership to our Manny Cantor Center Gym
403(b) Retirement Plan Discounts to programs at Educational Alliance
Generous Vacation Package
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist with generalist background that is passionate about driving results through innovative processes, and strategies in a high volume, fast-paced environment. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for creating a pipeline of qualified and diverse applicants who are interested in serving Educational Alliance’s mission. Additionally, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will work collaboratively with the Human Resources Team on other related Human Resources duties to meet agency’s business goals and objectives.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
• Direct client group across multiple programs within the Educational Alliance
• Partners with internal and external customers
• Collaborates with the Human Resources Team on a wide-range of projects and initiatives
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Talent Acquisition – (60%)
• Utilizes innovative recruiting techniques to proactively source candidates through the use of the internet, social media, job fairs, networking, etc. and provide exceptional candidates for all client groups.
• Collaborate with hiring managers to develop specific recruitment plans and identify hiring needs.
• Extends and negotiate offers for a variety of positions from entry-level to senior management for various program sites providing a wide variety of social service programs.
• Establishes and maintains talent pipelines for assigned target areas.
• Develops and execute methods to track recruitment metrics to achieve required staffing levels.
Data Management (25%)
• Ability to build and create data, analyzes statistics, identify trends and make objective recommendations in a proactive manner to achieve maximum results.
• Familiarity with ADP/Work Force Now applicant tracking system and recruitment metrics, you’ll demonstrate a passion for using data to inform decision making and drive execution.
• In charge of creating recruitment reports aiding in analyzing data for AAP, Grants, EEO, etc.
Training and Development (10%)
• Develops and conducts training programs for managers with a goal of improving recruiting and hiring efficiencies and reducing turnover.
• Coordinates and assist hiring managers with interview process.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends trainings as required.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned.
• Maintains awareness of current Human Resources policies and regulations, Department of Health, Department of Education, and other governing bodies’ rules and regulations, as well as agency’s internal policies and procedures.
• Ability to influence stakeholders in the interest of meeting organizational goals and values.
• Communicates at a high level in both written and verbal form with a focus on customer service and relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ experience in full-cycle talent management and strong human resources generalist background
• Excellent analytic, problem-solving, and coaching skills, with the ability to take a thoughtful and data-driven approach to addressing challenges
• Demonstrated track record of meeting recruitment expectations with sustained results
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite and HRIS systems required, ADP strongly preferred
• Commitment to the value of diversity within the organization
• Experience working in large multifaceted non- profit organization
• Friendly and customer service focused with excellent communication, both verbal and written
• Ability to work autonomously with a strong attention to detail and analytical abilities
Role Key Competencies
Planning and Organizing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Educational Alliance takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply