Job Title: Temporary Manager, Community Partnerships
Divisions: Interview Collection
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reports To: Associate Director, Community Partnerships
Status: Full Time, Temporary
Term of Employment: (21 months specific date TBD)
Community organizations are integral to StoryCorps’ strategy to reach and engage under-represented populations and encourage their use of StoryCorps’ audio and visual content. These organizations – local, regional or national in scope – are important to StoryCorps’ commitment to create “cultures of listening” where their constituents may learn about the availability of StoryCorps content and/or programs and obtain access to recording and listening opportunities.
The Temporary Manager, Community Partnerships invites, cultivates and manages relationships with community partners specifically for a StoryCorps project called One Small Step. One Small Step is a grant-funded project through which participants from around the country will be invited to use listening and conversation to take one small step toward one another and across political divides. The Temporary Manager will serve as the primary point of entry for and navigation through StoryCorps’ recording services and programs for organizations, creating partnerships that enable individuals to interview throughout the community.
The Temporary Manager reports to the Associate Director, Community Partnerships, and may provide guidance, support, and leadership to Facilitators (the StoryCorps staff who record StoryCorps interviews) who are deployed to locations across the country to record “One Small Step” interviews onsite with partner organizations.
The Temporary Manager position is a grant-funded temporary position; 21 months term of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, engage, and collaborate with a variety of national and local partner organizations that will partner with StoryCorps as part of the One Small Step initiative
- Ensure the data collection and entry of all partner-related information into the SalesForce database
- Assist in the development and implementation of initiative and/or partnership-specific training for StoryCorps staff
- Convene Listening Events (opportunities to listen to and discuss StoryCorps audio) in communities where One Small Step interviews are recorded, or in other locations for strategic outreach and engagement purposes
- Coordinate radio station involvement with StoryCorps-related community activities and local StoryCorps broadcasts
- Support the preparation of reports for StoryCorps funders and internal organizational use
- Collaborate with StoryCorps’ Marketing & Communications Department to support the communications functions of partnership initiatives
- Perform other duties to support the Community Partnerships function and Interview Collection department, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-3 years’ full-time work experience managing collaborative programs or projects, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing outreach plans
- Excellent public presentation and speaking skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skill
- Solid organization skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
- Spanish language fluency