Full-Time U.S. Immersion Coordinator
Overview of the Role
The U.S. Immersion Coordinator organizes and leads powerful and immersive service experiences that connect our funding partners to the buildOn mission and promote a genuine cultural exchange. Individuals in this role must have a dynamic and welcoming presence to recruit, energize, and lead buildOn students, staff, and partners simultaneously. This role is integral in helping our funding partners understand the impact of buildOn and leading them to become powerful advocates for the cause. In all responsibilities, the U.S. Immersion Coordinator works across boundaries to collaborate closely with various departments, particularly buildOn U.S., Development, and Marketing. This position touches all aspects of the organization and is a great stepping stone to develop Marketing, Development, and Programming skills for future advancement.
The U.S. Immersion Coordinator will support the following initiatives and more:
- Partnership Program: a six-session experience pairing adult volunteers/partners from various companies with buildOn students for skill-sharing and service activities following a curricular theme such as Civic Engagement, College Readiness, Career Readiness, or Financial Literacy.
- 36 Hours: a personal and immersive experience that allows business and community leaders to travel to a buildOn neighborhood and “walk in the shoes” of our U.S. students through a student-led immersion experience.
- Fundraising events in various buildOn regions.
- Student Storytelling: elevate the stories of buildOn students and the impact of service to inspire people to join and support the buildOn movement.
The U.S. Immersion Coordinator will be the primary point of support within the home region and likely also work remotely across regions to support one (or more) additional buildOn region(s).
- Coordinate buildOn U.S. involvement in all external-facing fund development, marketing, and stakeholder engagement opportunities to sustain and grow financial support for buildOn U.S.
- Plan and facilitate Partnership Program sessions for students and adult volunteers.
- Coordinate logistics for each Partnership Program session including meeting space, student transportation, and food.
- Strengthen Partnership Program curriculum, structure, and processes individually and collaboratively.
- Coordinate student, school, and community integration for various immersions and events.
- Lead student preparation for storytelling or activities related to immersions and events.
- Coordinate service projects for students and donors and lead them alongside buildOn U.S. team members.
- Help facilitate the collection of data and content to report on buildOn U.S. programs to funders.
- With Program Director’s collaboration, manage additional buildOn U.S. team support for all external initiatives as necessary.
- Maintain consistent, excellent communication with Immersion Director, Program Director, and applicable buildOn U.S., Development, and Marketing team members.
- Manage the regional US Immersion budget, including monthly account reconciliation, expense reporting, and ongoing tracking.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Immersion Director and/or Chief Marketing Officer.
Skills Developed in This Role
- External donor communication and stewardship
- Classroom management
- Following and adapting curriculum
- Use of multimedia Marketing tools
- Event planning
Required Characteristics of Excellent Candidates
- Personal commitment to buildOn’s mission – the power of service to change lives, communities, and the world
- Committed to buildOn’s core values of empowerment, responsibility, and compassion
- Is gritty – tries really hard and never gives up on mission and getting results.
- Invested in continual growth and learning through ongoing discovery, execution, and reflection
- Exceptionally skilled at considering and incorporating a variety of perspectives in events and activities
- An intense focus on creating and launching only the highest quality, most compelling, and dynamic work possible.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Strives to provide consistently high internal and external stakeholder satisfaction.
- Skilled at planning and delivering oral, written, and visual communications and stories that impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Superb organization skills
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills
- Adaptive and flexible in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Disciplined with time to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Relevant educational background (Bachelor’s degree required), with three (3) years relevant experience.
buildOn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: Marketingjobs@buildon.org