Full-Time US Program and Operations Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor
Fellow and Partner Engagement (including but not limited to)
- Fellow Support: Works with the US Country Manager to conduct regular check-ins with fellows, offering supportive accompaniment through professional and personal development during the fellowship year; Support completion of fellow responsibilities such as blogging, public engagement activities, and attendance at workshops.
- Country-based activities: Organizes country-based activities and operations for fellows, such as housing arrangements, retreats, and events and opportunities to foster community building and leadership development among fellows.
- Partner engagement: Provides support in maintaining partner relationships, developing the fellow-partner supervisor relationship and recruiting new partners. Communicates with placement organization supervisors/staff contacts regularly during fellowship year, including site visits, formal evaluations, selection process support, preparation to onboard and host fellows, etc.
Operations and Logistics Management (including but not limited to)
- Support fellows to ensure that housing, financial, travel, and general fellowship logistics for fellows are taken care of throughout the year.
- Provides fellows with support in managing visas, housing, health insurance, payment, etc. challenges throughout the fellowship year.
- Works with landlords and vendors to coordinate fellow housing, manage and negotiate leases, and address the resolution of any issues or concerns with the fellow housing options.
- Manages other logistical needs, including health and wellness resources, international fellow visas, retreats and other GHC events
- Develops and implements systems, processes and policies to enhance capacity, efficiency and effectiveness for an early-stage, fast-growing and ambitious organization with a positive attitude and team spirit.
- Works closely with the US Country Team and Alumni Team to help coordinate and expand alumni activities.
- Identifies areas for public engagement, professional development and knowledge sharing that alumni can participate in to raise the profile of young leaders working in global health.
- Serves as the US Country Team lead for new fellow recruitment, managing the development of a US outreach strategy.
- Supports efforts to recruit and select future fellows, including in-country interview coordination.
- Coordinates with alumni chapters and current fellows to represent GHC at strategic recruiting events.
- Provides support to the selection team on the fellow selection process and new fellow onboarding for fellows placed in the US.
We’re seeking candidates who excels in building trusting relationships, establishing effective processes and having strong project management skills.
You should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- A minimum of 6 years work experience and at least 2 years program logistics or operations management experience
- Strong project and logistics management skills and excellent attention to detail
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality work products on time and providing strategic insight into how to develop efficiencies in work processes
- Experience coaching and/or mentoring (including supervising staff or interns); preferably in developing early-career professionals
- Cross-cultural competency; experience working in another country or in a cross-cultural environment strongly preferred
- Experience with budgeting, contract negotiation and vendor management
You should be:
- A high-initiative self-starter attitude with a willingness and desire to work as part of a dynamic and collaborative team
- Comfortable working under frequent, tight timelines
- An active listener and honest and supportive coach and/or mentor
- Committed to health and social justice issues
Apply online: https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/80521522-577a-4c2c-854d-548f5429b67c/apply
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY