NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
6 WEEK PROJECT (SUMMER 2018)
NYC/SF/CHI Based FREELANCERS Preferred
Quarter Zero Overview
We believe that every person has potential. The potential to create, disrupt and thrive. But for that potential to be fully realized it needs to be affirmed and developed starting at an early age.
At Quarter Zero, we exist to help young people power their potential. We do this by creating an immersive, real-world entrepreneurial environment where high school students can work hand-in-hand with top industry advisors to shape and guide their passions and ideas. Our learning and development experiences challenge our participants to become problem solvers, equipped with the skills to thrive in a competitive and rapidly changing world. We provide hands-on entrepreneurial programs through our flagship Catapult Incubator and Startup Bootcamp.
We are in need of a videographer/photographer across our 6 weeks of summer programming who can not only capture key moments, but also tell our students’ stories and grow the Quarter Zero brand. This is an incredible opportunity that allows you to travel across America and work with the next generation of young entrepreneurs. The following is a brief outline of what we are looking for:
- Student Spotlights: Short spotlight videos featuring an individual student, their story, and their experience (~30 videos)
- Promotional Videos: Create promotional “hype” videos for future marketing opportunities (~2 videos)
- Highlight Videos: Create highlight videos featuring constituents of our programs such as parents, advisors, etc. (~3-4 videos)
- Demo Day Event: Record entire event, split pitches into individual videos for upload (~20 videos)
- Candid Documentation: Casual/candid video montages to provide students and parents with a recap the week (~6 videos)
- We are particularly looking for someone who is self-driven and can concept, script, and produce videos from start to finish.
- Headshot Sessions: Headshots for students, advisors, and team members
- Activity Documentation: Photographs that illustrate each activity that is happening
- Candid Documentation: Casual/candid photographs for students
- We are looking for someone who has a clear organization structure to their files so that we can easily access things in the future
On-Site Filming Locations & Dates:
Alongside our programming team, the videographer/photographer will have the opportunity to travel to 3 cities.
The on-site filming spans across 6 weeks with a mix of full and half days. Due to needing a consistent style and aesthetic, interested freelancers must be able to commit to the entirety of the schedule outlined below. In terms of editing, production, and uploading media, work can be completed at your discretion dependent on various agreed upon deadlines.
1. Monday, June 18 – Friday, June 22 // Silicon Valley, CA // Incubator A // 3 Full Days + 2 Half Days
2. Monday, June 25 – Friday, June 29 // Silicon Valley, CA // Incubator B // 3 Full Days + 2 Half Days
3. Monday, July 9 – Friday, July 13 // Chicago, IL // Incubator A // 3 Full Days + 2 Half Days
4. Monday, July 16 – Friday, July 20 // Chicago, IL // Incubator B // 3 Full Days + 2 Half Days
5. Monday, July 23 – Friday, July 27 // New York City, NY // Incubator A // 3 Full Days + 2 Half Days
6. Monday, July 30 – Friday, August 3 // New York City, NY // Incubator B // 3 Full Days + 2 Half Days
Total On-Site Engagement: 18 Full Days + 12 Half Days
Qualifications and Skills:
- Significant experience in videography, video production, photography, and video/photo editing
- Ability to shoot interesting and creative B-ROLL footage
- Skilled at directing people on camera, interviewing a wide variety of people, and helping people to open up (some of our high school students may be self-conscious!)
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras, lenses, lighting, and microphones
- Interested in tackling the whole video-creation process, from concept & script to customize & embed.
- Experience working with events or a similar high intensity environment.
- Experience working with youth, and an interest in telling the stories of the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
NOTE: Due to the close proximity to minors, candidates being considered for the position will be required to pass a criminal background check during the interview process.
Submission Deadline: May 31, but evaluating proposals on a rolling basis.
How to Apply
Please email Amanda [at] QuarterZero.com with the following if you are interested in this project:
 Proposal  Link to Your Online Portfolio