NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Flocabulary is a rapidly growing edtech company that uses music to drive student achievement and foster a love of learning. Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our growth as we strive to make learning more fun, engaging, innovative, and accessible to students around the world. Students in more than 20,000 schools use our rap songs, videos and interactive learning tools to master academic content, increase engagement and build vocabulary.
We’re seeking a Writer/Researcher to join the Curriculum team within the Creative department. The Writer/Researcher will develop educational content for a range of grade levels and subject areas. You will research and write content to support Flocabulary videos across subject areas. Since the material you create will teach students of all ages, you’ll need to be able to write for different reading levels. You will also be reviewing text and videos for educational value, ensuring the factual accuracy of everything Flocabulary produces.
Who You Are
You are a strong writer with great research skills. You work quickly and aren’t afraid of deadlines. You’re known for your attention to detail and trusted as the “final set of eyes” on a project. You can think creatively when it comes to how to present and teach content. You don’t mind juggling tasks simultaneously and you pick up new skills quickly. You want to be part of a company that is committed to inspiring and teaching young people.
- Research various topics with an eye for academic standards, pedagogy and how the topics are currently taught in classrooms
- Synthesize research into notes to guide the lyricists who write our songs
- Review and fact check the lyrics and the visual assets in videos to ensure accuracy, educational value and grade-level appropriateness
- Write informational text passages that offer relevant information for a given topic
- Create activities, quizzes, lesson plans, vocabulary games and other teaching tools
- Use various data sources (Google analytics, user requests, CCSS) to help determine new topics to cover
- Edit and proofread content for various features across the site
- Manage projects within the department if needed
- Experience writing on deadlines
- Experience researching different topics and fact checking
- In the past you have worked collaboratively with others as well as on your own
- You communicate easily and well about what you do and don’t know
- You are a self-motivated learner with an aptitude to study new topics
- Competitive salary
- 99% paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Company stock options
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Office in Dumbo means easy access to our roof deck, parks and waterfront with postcard views
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply online.