Part-Time Youth Development Coach
Calling all coaches!! PowerPlay NYC is currently looking for skilled coaches who are passionate about empowering girls through sports. We are looking for dynamic, excited, and responsible coaches to work with elementary, middle school, and high school girls in all five boroughs at our partner agencies (schools and community centers).
PowerPlay NYC is a non-profit organization (in New York City) dedicated to empowering and inspiring girls through our one-of-a-kind sport and academic enrichment program. The S.T.A.R.S (Sports Training and Role models for Success) after-school program gives elementary, middle, and high school girls the space to develop leadership and build character through sports and a healthy living program.
Candidates should have experience in working with youth and must be willing to travel to sites throughout the 5 boroughs. PowerPlay NYC’s after-school programs operate in a three season model with Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions. Each season lasts for about 10 weeks. Programs meet weekly for 1.5 to 2 hours, with two coaches leading the class.
PowerPlay NYC provides paid ongoing training on various topics including but not limited to the latest coaching techniques and positive youth development practices. Coaches will be required to complete a background check and will be subject to completing New York City or State Department of Education fingerprinting and security forms.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A sports background
- The desire to teach
- Experience with teaching, coaching, group facilitation
- An understanding of girls’ development issues
- Effective communication skills (ability to listen patiently and be empathetic)
- A mature demeanor
- A positive attitude
- Good sense of humor
- Great organizational skills
- A strong sense of commitment and reliability
- A passion for working with and empowering girls
- Coach at two STARS after-school program sites (1.5 – 2 hours each). PowerPlay NYC will select the coaching sites, based on coach preference and availability.
- Follow designated curriculum and collaborate with co-coach in advance.
- Coach for the entire duration of a season. You can work for one season or commit to the entire school year, which consists of three seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Attend pre-season training and monthly meetings.
- Track attendance weekly and maintain program site roster.
- Participate in one organized PowerPlay NYC event.
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
How to Apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Malaika Lambert at email@example.com